lost phone - security question

Last Updated:

1. JudithPrietht

JudithPrietht Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

lost my phone last night - think it was probably stolen while i dozed on a night bus.

i had the pin number lock on the phone, and was wondering how easy it is to break? in addition, i reported the loss within the hour, so Orange have disabled the phone and sim.

just curious as to what risks there may be of my info being gotten at - gmail/facebook passwords, stuff like that...

Advertisement
  2. furious duck

furious duck Well-Known Member

Don't know how easy it is to break but I'd certainly change your email password etc.

3. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Change your passwords.

It's will be the same difficulty to break as any code the same length.

4. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Change all passwords accessed on the phone.

Should lockout after 5 attempts and ask for your gmail password.

I'd think about investing in Wavesecure, as you could have located and remote wiped! ;)

5. Rob Jones

Rob Jones Well-Known Member

I have just installed Lookout and set up everything, their website and recomendations seem fairly genuine, wont help you this time though. Here is the link if anyone is interested:

https://www.mylookout.com/features

6. EddyOS

EddyOS Well-Known Member

Quick question. If they knew to turn the phone off and get into recovery couldn't they do a factory reset? It'd wipe data but would get access to the phone, no?

7. jay_kay

jay_kay Well-Known Member

Yep that is the case. I'd say the majority of the scum that nick the phones would not have a clue and are just doing it to fund something but there will always be someone that knows.

I had my old N96 stolen while I was in a pub but I had tracking software installed. Went on my mates iphone, logged into the site and hunted the MF down. Worked a treat and the beating he got will make the little sh1t think again before stealing someones phone :D

yenrod likes this.
  8. papa j

papa j Well-Known Member

but the snag i see here with these programs that track your phone and erase all info is that you need them to have mobile Internet running . and if you have a limited use of that and you have it turned off your stuffed or do they work of the network signal . unless there is a way to turn it on once its been stolen ?
    if there is cool

see just asking the question not wishing to rub any one up the wrong way

9. yenrod

yenrod Well-Known Member

This reminds me of the time I found a Nokia 1100 real basic phone on the pavement...gave it away yet I did have karma muttering at the back of my mind...

Talking of beating - I recall when some t$%t stole my bike...he gave it up honestly, when I found him - but if he wouldn't of.......

10. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Unless in airplane mode, IIRC Wave secure will turn back on data unless you have an app that controls data use like Juice defender.

If rooted, again IIRC, wavesecure will remain active and installed if the uninstall protect ap is installed.

11. Cougar

Cougar Well-Known Member

Yep - WaveSecure can wake from an SMS trigger, IIRC.

12. gcobb

gcobb Well-Known Member

Total Control is another winner if you want to send SMS commands to your phone to have it return information, including locking, wiping, sending your location, etc.