• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Lost Phone

RyanM1010

Lurker
Dec 20, 2010
So I lost my Droid last Friday and happened to take out the SD card a few days before. Is there any benefit that I did this just on pure luck? I had the phone service suspended and changed most of my passwords(gmail...etc). I wasn't sure if due to no SD card there would no be any saved contacts or old emails on the account. Trying to be optimistic here.....

emails - gmail - would still be on the server. so would all contacts.

on the SD card would be things like music, photos, backups ROMs if you made any (so you could get the same phone, root it, and then roll back to a backup ROM theoretically), some app settings and backups that get made on the SD card, movies, etc,

I would be happy to have the card no doubt.

in the future you need to get an app like Lost Phone or Mobile Defense or Lookout so you could lock it down or track it or erase it remotely.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones