• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help lost photos and videos. cant use camera either

Help.

When i try and view photos in gallery it says Sd card is being used as mass storage device

When i try and use camera it says turn off usb storage before using camera.

Also.when i connect my phone to the pc, it shows it charging but i cant view any part of the phone via the pc

Hi Ben and welcome to the forums.

Try going to settings > storage. Scroll towards the bottom where it says usb storage. Does it show things that are taking up space like Pictures, videos? Can you tap on it and open it? Down below that in the SD card section, does it say unmount sd card or mount sd card?

When you try to see the pics on your phone and take a picture, is the phone plugged into your computer? Drag down your notification window. Does it say turn off USB Storage?

Upvote 0
I would try powering off the phone and removing the SD card. Next, I would plug the SD card into a PC to see if it can read it correctly; if it can, I would make a backup. Finally, reinstall it into the phone and power on to see if that fixed anything.

Hi Rolo42, I'm new to this forum (and androids generally) and hope you can help me. I'm having the same problem with my new-to-me Samsung Galaxy S 19000. I bought it second hand on an auction site and when I received it, it was working fine. When I opened it up to insert my new SD card and put her back to gether again and powered up, I got a flashing Galaxy S screen. I then searched these kind of forums until I found directions on re-booting the phone and I did that - open back, remove battery, replace battery, hold down volume & home key and press on key for a second until it starts up then follow directions to re-boot. I did this and the phone started up again (with all my new apps gone!) and in italian. I've managed to change it to English and all is grand except that I can't use the camera (I get the turn off usb message) and the SD card won't mount. As far as I know, the SD card never mounted. The camera worked when the phone arrived before I put in my SIM or SD card. I had never connected the phone to my PC before this problem arose but when I try to connect the phone to the PC via the USB cord, my PC doesn't recognise it.

Is there anything I can do? Thanks for any help you can give me. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones