1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Lost pics and musicSupport

1. pod365

pod365 New Member

I have a MetroPcs LG Esteem and woke up to 85% of my picture folders and all of my music gone. I have no clue what happened. Any ideas of what happened or how to get them back?

Advertisement
    :
  2. trygunzy

trygunzy Well-Known Member

turn the phone off then cut it back on. tell me what happens
  3. pod365

pod365 New Member

I tried that and I also took the battery out and still nothing. I do appreciate any help you can give. Thank you.
  4. gbiggie

gbiggie La patience et le pardon Guide

Go into settings /storage and unmount the sd then mount it again.
  5. Curster

Curster Well-Known Member

just something else to check if you haven't found them... look in the folders for .nomedia that will keep pics and music from showing up on your phone.

Hope that helps
  6. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

This happened to me with music, like 5 albums of music just went *POOF* to never be seen again. Never did figure out what caused it or why.
  7. pod365

pod365 New Member

I have bought a new SD card with the adapter and thought I could just copy everything to my computer and it appears that the SD card is bad cuz it does not show anything when I put it in the computer and I also tried the card in my old phone neither phone or computer reconizes the card being present. Any ideas?
  8. n4zty

n4zty Well-Known Member

if u have the adapter u can take out the micro sd card place it in the adapter and plug it into your computer and check if everything is there if so and u still think your card is going bad copy all of ur stuff onto your computer for safe keeping and also transfer to new sd card and try again.
  9. skrapmetal

skrapmetal Well-Known Member

I have had great luck with a program calles 'recuva'. It's a lost file recovery program that you can set to find pictures, video, audio, etc. It found things i had lost that i never thought i would get back again. You can either put your card into your computer and run it or just plug your phone into your computer and run it that way.