Lost Pics! HELP PLEASE!?

Last Updated:

1. N00B Moment

N00B Moment Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello guys, as you probably can tell I am new and have a little problem I hope I can find help with.

I just got my Moment yesterday and I have spent some time getting to know my new device and all. Well a lil while ago I started getting everything ready to swap off my old phone (pics, ring tones, music and such)
    Well I started by taking the media on my old sd card and put it all into a single folder on my PC. I then hookede up the Moment to the PC and all that went ok. I started to transfer the pics, I highlighted most of em and clicked on "MOVE" selected files (first mistake, should have COPIED!) Anyway I MOVED them into the Moment folder . . . DMIC (or however its called). . . THUMNAILS (thinking, PICS. . Thumbnails for some reason made sense to me) I got look on the moment and there is nothing there. NOW ALL my pics are GONE! I have NO CLUE at all where they went or how to access them. My first reaction was. . . OK the Moment didnt recognize the pics but they are still in there if I look at the folder FROM the PC. . . but they are NOT. Can someone PLEASE tell me there is a fix for this?!!

Also. . . how come the Moment will not recognize my old ringtones?

In the end I ended up adding all my music into another folder on the Moment called 100driod or something like that and I can access the tunes and even added a couple random pics to that same folder too and those pics showed up fine. Just need to find my lost ones now!

Advertisement
  2. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Ok Slightly confused but hopefully this should help:

You put the photo's in the DCIM -> Thumbnails folder? If so you have to take them from the "Thumbnails" folder and put them in the Camera folder {DCIM -> Camera}.

If their is no "Camera" Folder -> Just right click in the Folder DCIM and then create a new one called Camera. When you go to the Gallery {after un-pugging your phone from the PC} you should see the photos **Hopefully** :)

3. N00B Moment

N00B Moment Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the reply Carl. I would love to try that next time, but all my pics are gone. After I realized they were not showing on the Moment, I then went to the PC to see if the were showing there, but they were not. I have no clue where they went to. All I DO know is I MOVED them into that folder. When I get home again, I'm gonna mess with it some more to see what I can figure out. Who knows, I may even get the instruction book out of the plastic and see what that says. LOL!

4. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Maybe you can run some software like "Recuva" on the Memory card and maybe that will bring up some of the Pictures on the memory card???