Lost ringtones after factory reset

Last Updated:

1. stenci

stenci New Member

I just factory reset my MyTouch 3G, and now I only have the two ringtones that I created and that were saved in the SD card.
    All the standard ringtones don't exist, and I don't get alarm or notifications.

The new phone had ringtones right after the first use.
    The factory reset should be back to that point, but... I miss the ring tones.
    What's going on?
    How do I get back the standard ringtones?

2. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

wow i never had that problem then again i never ever used the stock ringtones. i never knew people really did
  3. InstantKarma

InstantKarma Well-Known Member

4. twiztid907

twiztid907 Active Member

Lol merf

Sent from my HTC Magic using Tapatalk
  5. stenci

stenci New Member

I clicked on the link, but it didn't work.
    But it looks like it would tell me how to install more ring tones. I don't want more ring tones, I want the standard ones.
    I don't have time to spend configuring the phone, I just want it to ring when I receive a call.
    Why wouldn't a factory reset do the job?
  6. InstantKarma

7. stenci

stenci New Member

I did another factory reset, and this time the ringtones are working.
    I don't understand why two factory resets would give two different results :confused:

Are you asking me to install the SDK just to get back the standard ringtones??? And you call that "easier fix"???
    The factory reset was faster than just reading that page, and installing the apps took just a few minutes.
    Plus the zip file referred on that page doesn't exist.

8. InstantKarma

Dude, my bad that the link is broken, but had you read, you'd have seen that all you had to do was copy the files over to your sdcard, bam, done.

Sorry for trying to help.
  9. dasudevil

dasudevil Well-Known Member

I stole my ring tones from my old Blackberry 8320. I felt they are MUCH LOUDER then the stock mytouch. If you would like them let me know.
  10. mpavey

mpavey Member

Thanks for the helpful link InstantKarma. I followed it onto the Cyanogenmod Wiki and did a search for ringtone, which led me to this page:
    How to install more audio ringtones and alerts - CyanogenMod Wiki
    . It has a download link but that is currently broken :( I commented on the discussion tab of the Wiki page so that may yield something....any other ideas?
  11. InstantKarma

mpavey likes this.
  12. mpavey

mpavey Member

Top man. (Or woman? :)) Thanks!
  13. xarophti

xarophti Active Member

two factory resets could give two different results if the device didn't boot up properly after the first one. Didn't access some files properly.