1. barn07

barn07 New Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. Vaseline Smith

Vaseline Smith Well-Known Member

Hey bud, Use the search bar.

3. Raftysworld

Raftysworld Well-Known Member

i hope ur aware that ur breaching contract with verizon by rooting and can get hundreds of thousands of dollars tacked onto your bill so be careful.

4. migeeman

migeeman Member

Raftysworld "i hope ur aware that ur breaching contract with verizon by rooting and can get hundreds of thousands of dollars tacked onto your bill"

You are completely wrong. Rooting just like jail breaking is legal, but it's just not supported by your carrier.

Read the following post: http://androidforums.com/updates-cupcakes/17868-illegal.html

5. pdykstra

pdykstra Well-Known Member

Worst post ever.

masully1984, shred1 and necosino like this.
  6. varkie

varkie Well-Known Member

yes it has to do with the update. by installing the update you removed root from your phone and the new hboot that came with it fixed the exploit by which you were able to root it the first time. you will have to wait till the unrevoked team comes up with a new way to root.

7. tmarr

tmarr Well-Known Member

U.S. Declares iPhone Jailbreaking Legal, Over Apple?s Objections | Threat Level | Wired.com

Its legal to unlock/root/jailbreak phones. Apple tried to fight it and got denied :p The only thing that will happen is Verizon will say you changed the software so it is no longer covered under any support or warranties. Other than that nothing bad will happen (unless you brick your phone of course lol).

Also, Like another member said just wait for the new root software. There is a thread in the rooting section saying its coming in a few days :)

8. Raftysworld

Raftysworld Well-Known Member

i believe that says iPhone, not phone... try again

9. pdykstra

pdykstra Well-Known Member

And where exactly is your evidence to support your claim that rooting your phone is not only a breach of contract but can lead to "hundreds of thousands of dollars being tacked onto your bill", which by the way, is a complete fallacy.

10. tmarr

tmarr Well-Known Member

Did you even read the article? It only happened because of Apple, but it pertains to all smart phones, not just the iPhone.

"Monday

11. airjordan223

airjordan223 Well-Known Member

lolz at rooting being illegal.

I think they are pretty close at getting another unrevoked root going. I think they had a temp one up a few days ago.

12. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

If you are s-off you can get root back whether you applied the update or not. Look in the all things root section for instructions.

13. barn07

barn07 New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure since I had a custom rom on my phone, then went back to stock 2.2 and rooted my phone before the update. After all that I never really tested the root before the update to make sure it was in fact working.

As to the rooting being illegal... isn't that the big advantage of android...is that it's in a sense open source. Why would it be illegal?

14. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

Rooting is in no way shape or form illegal, it just voids your warranty, it's like adding a super charger to the engine on your car, you're allowed to do it, but don't go crying to the dealer if you blow something out.

15. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

who is this person? why would u come on a forum to tell people rooting is illegal?:confused:

16. masully1984

masully1984 Well-Known Member

cough *EPIC FAIL* cough

17. masully1984

masully1984 Well-Known Member