Lost root with fresh?

Last Updated:

1. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok guys here's the deal, I rooted last night and earlier today I flashed fresh 2.1.2. What I did was made a newer, more current nandroid, then I did a factory data wipe. I had to reboot the phone then, didn't know that, thought I could flash Rom at this point. Once it booted, I powered off, booted to recovery and flashed fresh 2.1.2. Once it finally came to, I started re-downloading my apps starting with autokiller. I got an error message while trying to change the preset saying I don't have root access, now I exited this and went to the app drawer and sure enough I do have the superuser permissions app there but when I try to open it I'm taken to a plain black screen. What went wrong, how could I be running fresh but lost root somehow?

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Advertisement
  2. wardfan

wardfan Well-Known Member

Try a reboot or two yet?

3. Joehunni

Yeah, I was being a ****, says on geekforme to download the patch because this is a known prob. I took care of it and am good to go now.

4. poorboy8u

poorboy8u New Member

Anyone have a link to this patch? I'm having the same issue but don't know where to look.

5. Joehunni

Just go to the hero 2.1 page on geekforme.com, find fresh 2.1.2, and the patch link is at the bottom of the second page I believe.