• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lost SIM contacts after update 2.1 on X10mini

doneill

Lurker
Dec 3, 2010
I've just updated my SE X10mini pro with the 2.1 from PC companion and followed the step by step procedure, I completed the backup and restore as advised and all looked well 'until I checked my contacts' now I have lost all contacts stored under A's and B's and I

Hi!

I met with this problem too! You see your contats if You try to write an SMS?

I can resolve it in the phonebook settings -> accounts -> gmail account -> contats and check it!

In my opinion something (backup software?) sync my contats list with gmail, and didn't put back it to the correct place.

And You can check Your contact list in Your gmail account in gmail.com, i got all of my contats here (but dont know why...)

May be it help....

VL

Upvote 0
Then why aren't we always always advised to sync our contacts first?! It specifically tells us how important it is to back our info up using the backup and restore app so why isn't this enough? Why doesn't it tell us we'd be better off syncing with the SE site? Just f***ed up my life android thanks a f***ing bunch but I'm sure someone will be along to tell me it was my fault shortly.

Upvote 0
The upgrade programme should prompt you to install the latest version of Backup and Restore, which will back up non synced contacts. However if your contacts have been synced with Google (quite often people haven't even known that they were synced but the phone did it when initially set up) or you opted to use SE sync then your contacts will be saved on line.

I am assuming from your disgruntled post that you have lost them? Have you checked online with your google account? Did you at any point do a backup via the phonebook to your SD card?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones