lost sms vibrate notification

Last Updated:

1. jbravo970

jbravo970 New Member This Topic's Starter

i seemed to have lost the phone vibration when receiving text messages even though the option is selected in sms/settings

does anyone have any ideas?

thanks

Advertisement
  2. WozzaX

WozzaX Well-Known Member

I would try downloading and installing ChompSms or Handcent (or both) and see if you can get them to vibrate when you receive an sms.

Give it a try.

3. jbravo970

funny enough i just tried chompsms. it has a test function under the sms notification settings. the phone issues an audible alert but no vibration.

if i set the phone into vibrate only mode via press and hold the power button i get sms vibration and obviously no sound.

i think i must have installed some app that's maybe set the vibration level off or down.

i played with some app where you can adjust all volume settings in one place, decided it was not for me and uninstalled it. i possibely had this issue since then.

4. whitworth

whitworth Member

This happened to mine also. After I realised this (not sure if it was doing it from when I first got it or the day after when I discovered the problem) I played around with the settings and installed an app but had no luck

In the end i reset to factory settings and it's been fine since.

5. digital_slave

digital_slave Member

I had the same problem. The phone would vibrate when a call was received (as expected) but when messages/notifications were received all I had was an audible tone. I played around with the settings and even did a hard reset but still had the same problem.

I even got in touch with HTC.

However I couldn't wait for a reply so took it back to Virgin who gave me a new one.

And if you're wondering what HTC had to say.... they told me to play around with the settings and a hard reset. Failing that, take it back to shop ha ha ha! DUH!

6. jbravo970

thanks for all the input.

i have tried installing handcent and same situation. vibration notification set but no joy when hitting the test button.

i will try a factory reset tonight.

7. jbravo970

Tried factory reset. Reset with restore makes no difference. Reset without doing restore from SD card fixes the problem.