• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lost the Google account data. Please help

davidme

Lurker
Apr 11, 2010
Spain
Trying to fix GMail I removed the Google Apps data. Now I cannot use GMail, Google contacts or the market.

I explain:
This is an HTC Tattoo. It was locked for Orange Spain, but the previous owner unlocked it.

I registered with my GMail account and used it for some months. Orange removes GMail and Google Talk from its locked phones, but I managed to download and install the relevant APKs.
I have been using GMail but recently I was getting force-closes when synchronizing. I read that deleting the local GMail data would help.
I cleared the Google Apps data (probably I should not have). I uninstalled GMail and GMail storage and reinstalled. Then, when starting GMail, it asks for my id and password. I enter them bu tafter a while I get the typical
Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server. This could be a temporary problem or your SIM card may not be provisioned for data services.
It is not a connection problem.
I have retried several times including rebooting but no way.

I read in the Internet that I can either:

• factory reset
  • delete a certain .db file that requires root access.
I do not want a factory reset because I would lose my SMS and call logs if I'm not wrong. (My contacts are in Google so I guess I will not lose them)
I do not feel ready to root my Tattoo now.

Is there any other solution?
If I do a factory reset, do I have to unlock the SIM lock again. I don't have the unlock code.

Thanks in advance.

---
I forgot:
1.) Model Number ? HTC Tattoo
2.) Firmware Version ? 1.6
3.) Baseband Version ?13.29.55.13H_3.35.07.20
4.) Kernel Version ? 2.6.29-gf922713 htc-kernel@and18-2 #117
5.) Build Number ? 1.67.75.7 CL#74298 release-keys
I access Internet through wifi, not a mobile connection.
Carrier ? Vodafone Spain, but tomorrow I switch to M

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones