Support Lost ThinkFree office with JT Superclean ROM

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by seanatsb, Nov 17, 2010.

1. seanatsb

seanatsb Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2010
    I just installed JT's superclean ROM and non-voodoo lagfix kernel. I see that superclean removed Thinkfree office from my phone. Is there anyway of getting this back without paying the $15 it costs on the market?

Second problem I have, which I may post another thread about if I don't get an answer here is that I installed the 15sec softkey light when I added JT's ROM. I'm having a problem, where when my phone's screen goes off to lock, the soft key lights come on automatically and stay on until i hit the power button to turn the screen back on. This obviously can't be good for my battery life. What should I do?

Advertisement
  2. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2010
    NJ
    1. anything you paid for in the market you can redownload for free

2. the softkey extended light mod wouldnt do that...that would backlight notifications in a kernel. you would have to clear sms/missed call email/ in teh pulldown menu or

[Update: 07.11.2010] BacklightNotification settings app v0.6.6 - control over BLN - xda-developers use that app to toggle them on off

or go into rom manager and select disable bln under jt1134

3. NOsquid

NOsquid Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Thinkfree came with the phone, didn't have to buy, that really sucks. The free version in the market doesn't let you view pdf.

Don't happen to have a Titanium b/u of it do you?

4. seanatsb

Sep 7, 2010
    I do have titanium b/u, but I went ahead and did a nandroid backup, copied the thinkdroid.apk from the system/app folder with rootexplorer, along with a couple other non-odexed files that I thought I might want. I put copies of these apk's on my SD card, then re-did the flash of a kernel and then superclean ROM. Then used RE to copy thinkdroid.apk from SD card and pasted in system/app folder, and now have ThinkFree again.

Thanks for the help.

5. seanatsb

Sep 7, 2010
    My bad. I didn't realize that was feature of the backlight on the soft keys. Once I cleared my pulldown menu it stopped.
    I do really appreciate the link to the toggle switch.
    Thank you very much.

6. nitsuj17

Aug 16, 2010
    NJ
    ha learn something new every day...think i deleted/froze everything immediately when i got the phone and didnt pay attention to the extra stuff

7. seanatsb

Sep 7, 2010
    if that's the case what apps do you use to view office documents and/or PDF files on your phone, or do you no use your phone for that?

8. nitsuj17

Aug 16, 2010
    NJ
    i just have pdf viewer to read attachments but personally i dont use my phone for work stuff :)

9. seanatsb

Sep 7, 2010
    Ah, ok. I'd like not to use mine for work ever, but once in a while I do.

Thanks again for your help.

10. nitsuj17

Aug 16, 2010
    NJ
    :)

11. reisb

reisb Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2010
    Can you not just put the apk file on sd card and then use astro or another fm to install? I thought I did that when installing Talk on my wife's Eris.

Is is different on SF or is it because Thinkfree is different from Talk?