1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Lost two of my games after 2.1 update

Last Updated:

1. pattonthegen

pattonthegen Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Howdy all,

I recently updated my Moment to 2.1 which of course wipes the phone. I used My backup Pro which lets you back up all your apps, and data.

So i did the flash to 2.1, loaded up my backup pro restored all my apps and data (was actually very easy and quick to do) which included two of the games i had been playing for a while now (World War & Vampiers). However when i loaded the game's back up it no longer had any of my game data. It started me over as if i was brand new to the game which really SUCKS!! Granted they weren't the best game around, but they gave me something to do when i only had a few min. I was lvl 37 on one and like lvl 31 on the other.....there is no way in hell i will start over on those game's.

Is there anyway that i can pick up where i left off??? I even emailed the developers but have yet to hear back from them.

Advertisement
  2. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

The backup app did not save the state of the games. That is why I never use these backup apps.

3. pattonthegen

But it did back up all my apps (didn't seem to save the state of the two games i listed above, but it did for another game that i play called Pocket Empires). Plus it backed up all my phone settings, and all my contacts, and pic's ect....actually everything on my phone...well expect the two games that i listed above lol

4. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Apps within themselves do not store information, they store it elsewhere, and that elsewhere was not backed up.

5. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

I believe those Storm8 games don't save anything locally, they are basically a framed webpage.

Did you try this (assuming you linked your Storm8 account previously)...

6. pattonthegen

Ah gotcha will try that out today and see if it works.