Lost zooming capability after rooting

Last Updated:

1. jef400dread

jef400dread Active Member This Topic's Starter

So I used the "one touch" root method that I found in these forums, I think it was from Alldroid. Anyway so now I can no longer multi touch to zoom. Anyone else notice this or have an idea for the fix?

Also I have no cursor while typing in this box...?

Advertisement
  2. android2dev

android2dev Active Member

Did you remove the .apk named ZoomService.apk?

3. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

Whoa, my pinch zoom also doesn't work in the stock browser. I did the one click root yesterday. No idea if pinch zoom worked before rooting. I don't use the stock browser.

Pinch zoom still works fine in dolphin and xScope. I didn't touch zoomservice.

I don't have any zoomservice running either. Should I?

Pinch zoom does work in camera roll.

Are there any other stock apps to test in?

4. jef400dread

android2dev
    No i did not remove it, i dont see it in my list either. I used titanium to remove Bloat, i only see Zoom Mode 1.0.2 that i backed up after glancing at this reply about an hour ago...

lexluthor
    i cant pinch to zoom on camera either, i didnt know that was an option before rooting, so if it was, then yeah i lost that too

5. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

Make sure the website you're testing on is a full desktop site, and not the mobile versions.

Pinch to zoom has never worked for mobile sites in the stock browser, as they are already optimally formatted for the screen (or so it thinks).

6. jef400dread

OOOOOk, somehow i fixed it. All i did was i went into titanium again, which upon launch instructed me to go to settings, applications, and check Unknown sources. I had checked if i had zooming capability since then (i didnt) then i went to a picture that i took with the device to test zoom capability there, IT WORKED.Then for the hell of it, i went back to the web browser, now its working fine. Still no pinch to zoom on camera functions, but i havent tinkered around with the settings there, and dont care about that enough to.

Thanks guys...?

7. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

Ok. I bet that's why it didn't work for me. It's fine on another site I tried.

8. jef400dread

yeah, i got it working, and it was for this site, and the full autotrader.com site. NOT mobile verisons

9. jef400dread

I don't know what's going on but I keep losing my pinch to zoom ability. Idk if its something that's triggered by autotrader.com's site (not the mobile version) but it will affect any other site I go to after that until I do a battery pull

10. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

I did the 1 click root and still have my zoom functions.

11. mwpeck

mwpeck Well-Known Member

I have never had Pinch-to-zoom on the camera, not sure if its a setting you need to change but the second I activated my phone and started playing with it I HAD to use the volume buttons to zoom with the camera. Tried pinch-to-zoom a million times on it and its never worked.

As for pinch-to-zoom on the browser, have you tried another browser?

12. jef400dread

No, i've only used the standard browser that came on the phone. I think i have isolated the problem to New Cars, Used Cars - Find Cars at AutoTrader.com (again NOT the mobile version- i like to have the full function search capabilities) and after doing a broad search, that lists many vehicles to view, if i click on the "view larger photos" link, that seems to be when i lose the pinch to zoom. I did figure out a way to restore that function easier than a battery pull, i close all browser windows, open up a new google page, then select Classic version at the bottom. That fixes it. Still must be some kind of bug or something in autotrader's page that screws with android.