Lost

Last Updated:

1. Psilo

Psilo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So is anyone as disappointed as I am with how the last season is going? Comparing the first episode to this last one that's come out and "secrets" revealed, it feels like they've sort of half-assed what everything's come down to. The monster is just some weird old dude that's been trying to kill Jacob and what not, I dunno I think they couldve done so much better with the outcome of everything. Hah, does/has anyone seen the show I'm talking about?

Advertisement
  2. carmendiva

carmendiva Well-Known Member

lol...

umm i actually never watched lost.
    isn't that the show about the island and the plane crash?

3. SJFlowerHorn

SJFlowerHorn Well-Known Member

really?

4. Psilo

Yea I've only seen like the first episode and a few other in between, but I've been watching this supposed final season and everything's turning out kinda "eh" lol. Dude you should watch the first one and see what you think of it, you'd most likely be able to find it anywhere online these days.

5. SJFlowerHorn

lol that was my 130% sarcasm . . ive never seen the show. . . i hate television. :) i do not discriminate however . . just not for me lolz

6. Psilo

Lol, well that was my 200% not-reply to you, but to the person above you, if you didn't notice...and yea I don't have a television, I've been watching this last season online.

7. SJFlowerHorn

well isn't that convenient for you . . . and the television

8. rentjr

rentjr Well-Known Member

...and the clock

9. Mr.Slave

Mr.Slave Well-Known Member

This place is about to turn into the magazine 17! FFS please can we keep the topic in the eris forum about the phone and if you would like to talk about "Lost" do it elsewhere. Thanks:)

10. SJFlowerHorn

11. Psilo

Lol would you rather it be "Today's Senior" magazine?

blaze it

12. SJFlowerHorn

thats what i was getting at lol

13. Psilo

Sorry about that, with all these threads being started about how people who we never realized were gone are back and people getting girls numbers with their phone, I was under the impression that I could start a thread about almost anything. Please, if you could find it in your heart forgive me....

P.S. I highly doubt that a show that's heavily doused in massive amounts of foreshadowing, symbolism, irony, and juxtaposition used as literary techniques is best suited for 17 year olds.

14. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Aw, heck... it is Sunday.

15. Psilo

16. aleis

aleis Well-Known Member

and closed...

17. smacky

smacky Banned

I bet the suckers on the island had iPhones. Dropped calls, so they can't call anyone, then the bastard island moves somewhere else and now they're still screwed. Shoulda just gotten an Eris with Google Maps.

18. Mr.Slave

19. theacousticprophet

theacousticprophet Well-Known Member

1) WTF is this doing here? This is a eris forum...try lostpedia.com next time.

2) I could not disagree with the OP more. I do my damndest to watch as little TV as possible. It's modern mind control plain and simple. Some Discovery channel programs are about all that I watch.

I do however watch LOST. That show stimulates your mind in so many ways: your memory, puzzle-solving skills, imagination... In a world with so much mindless programming (literally) I really think this show has a beneficial, healthy affect on your mind.

I for one am loving the last season. The writers have brilliantly woven a tapestry involving science, religion, history, and found a way to make it entertaining. I'm very eager to see how they are going to wrap it up.

20. pavirotten

pavirotten Well-Known Member

Never seen a single episode. Not gonna miss the show in the least.

21. deno73

deno73 Well-Known Member

Personaly I like the show a lot...I understand this isn't the forum for such discussions..give the guy a break. He is just trying to make conversation, besides all tight ass talk about my 2.1 can do this and it can't do that gets a little old. Imo.....

22. deno73

deno73 Well-Known Member

O.k. layoff the L.S.D. man..

ericDylan likes this.
  23. blitersety

blitersety Member

Lost is a great show, but it's the kind of show that you have to watch from beginning to end in order to really enjoy it. I've really been enjoying the last season, finally been getting answers!

24. theacousticprophet

theacousticprophet Well-Known Member

Haha. Don't touch the stuff man, but thanx for the advice.

Seriously though. What part about my comment sounded like the ravings of a dude tripping balls?

-The tv as modern mind control? Just google what prolonged exposure to tv does to your brains alpha state. It truly puts you into a lower state of mental conciousness. Pretty much in a dream state.

-The part about the show being healthy? Well, I stand by that comment. There are lots of little nods to different topics like ancient Egyptian heiroglyphics, astro-physics, quantum physics, world history and geography thrown throughout the show. It's actually quite fascinating the depth of material that the writers use. Looking up any one thing from the show generally leads to you researching topics your probably wouldn't otherwise. They also throw many clues as to where they are going with the story. So many little things that didn't make any sense in the first season are now being brought to the forefront in season 6.

So, with that being said. Memory, puzzle-solving, history, science, imagination... the show makes you think. That's something that is unique to 99% of what is on television these days.

25. Mr.Slave

Alright who ever has LSD needs to share and then after that we can really get of the Eris forum and have fun!