Lotro f2p!

Last Updated:

1. jonbonazza

jonbonazza Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

I've vaguely heard of it from a few friends... though nobody seemed to keep interest in it for more than a few weeks...

What exactly is it?

3. n0ct3m

n0ct3m Well-Known Member

A cheap attempt to cash in on the MMO market that WoW made ever so popular.

4. jonbonazza

jonbonazza Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

In all honesty, I enjoy it more than WoW... Though it is still nothing compared to FFXI... I just can't wait 'till I can afford a new computer (in December!) to play FFXIV!

5. Taero

Taero Active Member

I played wow for 5 years, got to the end game and couldn't spend the insane time to get into a good guild sure to work commitments so I was stuck on heroics and.10 mans. In the end I quit as it was simply too much time. I'm trying out lotro with my wife and atm I think that it's pretty good to news honest, polished well and the shop is done quite nicely thank god. Haven't seen any spammers so far either :D

6. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Just took my time to watch a video on that...

Ew!! It's the same thing as WoW, down to the default UI! I hate that turn-based attack feel it has as well. I hit you, you hit me. Now we repeat until one of us drops. I don't particularly enjoy that... I like the enticement of an actual fight... kind of like Oblivion (love the *fruit* out of the game) and Fallout 3. Blocking done manually, you only swing when you click, it just feels more like a bloody battle to the death like that rather than does simply clicking once and watching your dude start whacking away at some generated monster like a robot.

7. TheCompBoy

TheCompBoy Well-Known Member

Played wow for like 4 years that was pretty hard to quit :) now am doing android programing so i think i will stick to that but i will maybe try this game like a week or something..