Lots of SMS messages!

Last Updated:

1. Klaynos

Klaynos Member This Topic's Starter

I have around 3000 messages from one person, currently they are all in one conversation, because of the number it takes a few moments to load the page. I know I can set the phone up to delete the old messages, but I don't really like deleting messages, or email, I just don't like doing it. So...

I'm looking for an app (or if the existing message app has a solution) that will allow me to have a smaller conversation or a way to load just the last few messages unless I ask to see older messages similar the the iphone... Does anyone know if this kind of thing exists?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. dionick

dionick Well-Known Member

Why on earth would you want to keep so many messages??.This amount will slow things down big time.I delete whole threads as soon as they reach the 100 mark to free things up.Not sure if there is a way to save messages to sd or Google though.They might be your best options if there is a way.

3. Unfriendly

Unfriendly Active Member

handcent let's you do this.

settings - custom style - bubble settings - others - tick "show earlier button"

4. rigsby

rigsby Member

i use an app called 'sms backup' by christoph studer. it automatically backs up all ur sms to a folder on ur gmail account.

ive been saving all my text messages for a few years now, a bit sad i know, but they can make for interesting reading, especially the drunken ones to all the female contacts in your phonebook. lol. ;)

used to use the nokia lifeblog/photo/ovi programs, why they kept changing them i dont know, but if anyone knows a good sms manager/organiser so i can collate all my messages into one place on my home pc i would be much obliged.

5. staz1000

staz1000 Well-Known Member

Yep SMS backup is awesome. I only keep conversations that are 50 messages long now as it's all stored in GMail.