• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lots of @ symbols instead of carrier name

gers1978

Aug 22, 2012
I recently got a new SIM from Orange to enable nfc QuickTap contactless payments, and everything went fine, all working OK.

However I did notice that my carrier now said Orange again instead of the new EE which had shown recently under the old SIM. I then uninstalled some apps and rebooted the phone, and ever since then my carrier name has been replaced with loads of @ symbols!

ezahe7yg.jpg

Hi gers. I can't see any @ in your pic, but you might try a factory reset. Maybe one of the apps you deleted was needed? Or you might try calling Orange to see if they know what would cause it.

Sorry, wrong pic, try this one:

2012-11-05%2019.29.05.png

I called Orange, they re-sent carrier settings, didn't help. I also noticed at boot up, on the lock screen it says "Orange", but then quickly changes to "@@@@@@@@@@@"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones