1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Lotsa Droid X questions...

Last Updated:

1. justicedealt

justicedealt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, I got two new ones, and I suppose they are running 2.2? Anyway, mine is sucking down the juice. I downloaded Advanced App Killer, but I am not sure what settings it should be on? I only want apps to work when I open them up. The only ones I want running continuously are the text and email apps. Should I be running any of the others continuously?

Also, how do I delete pics from my media gallery, as I cannot get them to drag and drop into a can, and I can't find a delete option. I found save/discard, and discard apparently does nothing.

Advertisement
  2. Rokcet Scientist

Rokcet Scientist Banned

Don't use a task killer. Because there are no apps to be killed. The apps you see in e.g. Advanced App Killer are not live apps, what you see refers only to snapshots of the last state of those apps before you closed them.
    Socalled "Task killers" are BS.

justicedealt likes this.
  3. justicedealt

justicedealt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hum, ok. Then what can I do to setup the phone so that battery life is conserved. I am a cop, so I kinda feel the need to wrap this thing in a OB Defender, and they do not have an option to have the extended battery in the phone with this particular protector... thanks again.

4. chawski

chawski Well-Known Member

heres a few things to try...
    Turn the screen brightness down. this may help some, but really cant overcome the fact that you have a 4.x inch screen
    Turn off wifi when not in use. When you are not near a wifi hotspot, the phone is constantly searching for them when enabled
    Limit widgets to ones you actually use on a regular basis. Again, its constantly updating, even if the screen is off.

Id suggest checking the droid x forum to see some more suggestions there. a larger battery is really what you need more than anything. its not your usage thats killing it, its motorola thinking they could get away with a 1500mah battery in a phone that realistically needs twice that. Short of not using the phone, nothing is really going to help significantly other than a larger battery. Check around online, im sure theres some cases that will fit the extended battery door. there might even be some larger batteries that fit the stock door