Lotus Notes Calender sync

Last Updated:

1. Dem

Dem Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Lucky old me has to use Lotus Notes at work. My Nokia could synchronise with his easily (and over Bluetooth! Woooooo!:D).

I know there isn't a specific app for Android which will let me do this with the Hero, but wondered if anybody know's of a 'two step approach'. i.e. get Lotus Notes to sync the calender with, say, Google Calender; then get the Hero to sync with google calender.

Ideas appreciated!

Thanks!
    :)

Advertisement
  2. edgarloxton

edgarloxton Member

I have good news for you:D There is a solution for your Notes calendar and contacts as well as for your Notes emails. I have a Hero and uses Companionlink (www.companionlinksoftware.com) to sync my Notes calendar and contacts with my Google calendar and contacts. The Hero then syncs automatically with Google. To get my Notes emails on my Hero I use the beta version of Seven's push email system (SEVEN ? Proven Push Platform for Mobile Applications). Sign up for the beta program - it is free, and they provide good support via the forums. They recently released v1 of their Android client. It is somewhat buggy still and not all the features work yet, but it is good enough to use. You will also need to download the desktop connector software from Seven's beta site which you install on your desktop. In time Seven's Android client will sync calendar and contacts also. Its other clients - Windows mobile, Symbian, Palm, etc, already syncs Notes calendar and contacts.

3. Dem

Thanks mate! I will have a look at "Companionlink". I only need calender synced so as long as it can do that, I'm good to go! :)

4. Dem

For those interested............

1) Downloaded trial version of CompanionLink and it certainly does the job in terms of the calender. :) Lotus Notes calender now synchronized to Google Mail. So, just have to get my Google Mail calender on the Hero!

2) Google Mail calender seems to have automatically updated on my Hero via WiFi. Marvellous!

However, I was playing about with HTC Sync, and on the drop down menu in settings, it offers me Lotus Notes and Outlook to synchronise with!!!! WTF?!?!?! I didn't think Lotus Notes was an option!!!!!! So, having got all excited I tried to get Lotus Notes to synchronize directly with my Hero phone, but it just wouldn't work. I did my best entering all the set-up data required (including Lotus Notes password etc.) into HTC Sync, but it still wouldn't work.

Mmmmmmmmmmm.............:confused:

5. avander

avander New Member

Hi,
    Nice to hear CompanionLink works for some but I have had the eval version for a while now and even go tthem to extend it once and still it is not working. Contacts sync fine but no calendar. They suggested tryign their test account on Google and it still did nothing. Set up the logs and reported it all back to them but all they coudl say was I am probbaly behind a firewall. I dont have any trouble with anything else. I think their support is a little light on as I have been back and forth to them many time now and even sent an email off to their sales department who just referred me on to support again. Im just gonna give it up as they dont seem all that interested. Eval support sucked so I am glad I havent paid for it!
    For any techs out there who may use and know this better'n the CompanionLink guys the error I have been getting since day 1 is:
    =============================
    Caught exception adding record, attempting with MethodOverride=true
    <3673> () Exception in UpdateEvent(): Google.GData.Client.GDataRequestException: Execution of request failed: http://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/cl09test@gmail.com/private/full ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (417) Expectation failed.
    =============================
    It seems to read and dismisses old events based on the number of days to sync option but 'real' entries dont get a look in?

Hmmmm... not so friendly as I said.:confused:

6. cjscol

cjscol Member

My HTC Sync is successfully synchronising my Lotus Notes calendar with by HTC Hero without going via Google.

Dem - what version of the Lotus Notes client are you using and what design is your mail database? Do you know if the database design has been modified from the original IBM shipped design? Do you get any kind of error message?
    I guess you are successfully connecting the Hero to the computer and HTC Sync is recognising it as you do not appear to be able to get into the Sync Manager to set it to Synchronise with Lotus Notes until it is connected and recognised. What version of HTC Sync are you using?

7. Alphadroid

Alphadroid Member

I have used a few apps that claim to do this but they all pretty crappy. I