Loud noise when using speaker phone functionSupport

Last Updated:

1. Btros

Btros Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My wife has a Droid2 and when she uses the speaker phone function, things sound fine on her end, but for the caller on the other end, there is an unbearably loud noise of them speaking. For instance, when I call her and she has me on speaker, I can hear myself speaking super loud coming out of her phone. I can't even concentrate to get my sentence out.

Has anyone else had this problem or heard of it? She is using a hard snap on case from Verizon as well, not sure if it could be the sound bouncing of that or something?

Advertisement
  2. Super_Six_Two

Super_Six_Two Well-Known Member

I don't have this problem and I use speaker phone all the time. I do not have a case though. It shouldn't be doing this. I would call Verizon. Not sure if its a hardware or software issue. They should be able to help.

3. fstonedahl

fstonedahl New Member

I have the exact same problem with my Droid 2 (horrible noises for people on the other end when I'm using speakerphone). I've noticed that it only happens when I move the phone -- if I leave it sitting on a stable surface and don't touch it, then speakerphone quality is okay.

I also have a hard case (some generic brand) on it. I just now tried taking that case off, and it seems to correct the issue. So I'm guessing the case and the microphone weren't getting along.

4. Btros

Btros Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I read somewhere else about a temporary fix that seems to work - if you dial someone and press the speaker button before they answer, they will have the noise problem. If you wait until they pick up and then press speaker, it works fine. Weird.

5. RJT185

RJT185 VIP Member VIP Member

If the problem keeps happening and you can recreate it at will, take it to the store and show them, if they can't fix it they should replace it.

6. Motormech

Motormech Well-Known Member

I have been having an issue with the sound quality on my end when listening to recorded greetings. Phone speaker breaks up erratically. Well today I was cleaning my phone and broke my case/holster so I'm running the phone naked. I have made some of the same calls without the case and the sound is much better. Its interesting that the case can make that much difference but it really seems to.

7. lizzy777

lizzy777 New Member

I have the same problem. People can't hear me when I phone out and I put the speaker button on, but I can hear them fine.