Louder notification or pause music when an incoming call comes?Support

Last Updated:

1. steaky

steaky Member This Topic's Starter

I am having trouble hearing the beeps that are heard for incoming calls when I am listening to music. Is there anyway to change this to something more obvious?

Either making it louder and the music playing quieter, or even pausing the music and notifcation sounds or ringtone playing would be good. I cant seem to find a fix. I am missing many calls like this.

Advertisement
  2. KonaZXIII

KonaZXIII Banned

Wait. What? Is this true?

Coming from an ex SE Walkman Phone user, this astounds me. Even my POS E71x would stop/pause everything for incoming phone calls.

Phone first- everything else should be a close second.

3. plummy

plummy Active Member

What program are you using to listen to music? Or is it all the programs?

Mine mutes and beeps if the ringer is on. If its on vibrate or silent, it just mutes music.

4. steaky

Seems to be all programs. I was using Winamp, 3 (cubed), and the stock player...

To be clear, the players all stop playing music once I answer the call. I want the notification ring to be louder/more obvious.

I answered a call just an hour ago while cubed was playing, and afterwards both the stock player and cubed started playing different songs. I dont even see headset button option in the stock player?!

5. mnemonicj

mnemonicj Well-Known Member

I have never had the music keep playing while I have an incoming call. I listen to my headphones at work all of the time using the stock player. When a call comes in, the music pauses and the phone rings. When the call is complete and I hang up, the music resumes.

6. steaky

ok yes the stock player handles this as I want. But it doesnt have a lock screen widget which I want also.

Seems there is not a great music app for Android yet, just 4-5 good ones. The iOS app is a high bar to get to I guess in terms of these features.

7. BookLover

BookLover Well-Known Member

Player and Winamp both have nice lockscreen Widgets. I like Player's 4x1 lockscreen widget. Plus Player grabs album art and has a tag editor. You can use it with Instant Lyrics. But no equalizer.

Winamp is nice but lockscreen widget is 4x2, too much real estate for my lockscreen, but has no probs playing all my music.

So, I now have 3 players to cover all my album, widget, music needs. (Stock player, Player, and Winamp).

I used Poweramp for a while, but it had a bug that kept intermittently rescanning my media files/sd card. Started playing partial songs and jumping to the next song in the middle of a playing song. Got too annoying, so I uninstalled. Sound and equalizer were nice, though.

8. BookLover

BookLover Well-Known Member

If you install Rings Extended from the Market, you can use any of your music as your ringtone, or alarm.

For example, the loudest song I have is American Woman (starts out loud)...and I use that as my alarm to wake me up!

You must have a song like that. So if you install Rings Extended you can use that loud song as your Ringtone to replace your beeps. And make sure your ringtone volume is maxed out.

9. steaky

I'll check out Rings Extended, thanks.

I like Winamp, but it has a major bug it seems. If you get a call and have lockscreen on, I could not answer the call. Headset and screen became unresponsive. I reported it as a bug. So for now I cant use it, but I expect they will add more features and fix the bugs.

Im using PowerAMP today and it seems pretty good so far.

Edit: the beeps I was talking about come through the headphones only, not the phone's speaker. Some music players will stop the music so you hear the beeps just find, but some do not. Rings Extended doesnt seem to work all that well for me in 2.1 stock.

10. viny2cool

viny2cool Well-Known Member

I vote for power amp...its really good and smart. If you unplug ur earphone, it stop automatically and goes in background sleeping (inactive). Even if u kill it using task killer or force stop and plug ur ear phoen again it will start automatically.

I use my ear phone a lot for music and calls. it works really good. Skipping with double click and pause/play with one click.

Also set it as deafult player to stop stock player to activate randomly....

11. chocophile

chocophile Well-Known Member

I had a similar experience yesterday. I was listening to the default "Music Player" and didn't notice an incoming call. I *DID* hear the notification that I had a voicemail, though. Just tested it again, and the player paused and showed an incoming call.

Weird.