• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Loudness After 2.1

maylea

May 28, 2010
OK. I asked this a different way but I'd like to get some more input. The loudness on the phone is definitely lower after the 2.1 update. To the point that the speakerphone can't be used in the car while under 1.5 it could be used (it was very loud). A lot of discussion on this topic and the only fix given is using a leaked program that is copyrighted. Is there a way to change the phone settings for loudness without using this program? It is almost like they applied that EU loudness mandate. Makes the speakerphone useless now for me.

To G: I do use bluetooth. But sometimes when I am busy I forget to put it on and so it is nice to have a speakerphone to fall back on. Also use the speaker phone for calls with family when more than one person next to me needs to hear the conversation.

To chibucks: I've read your how to post on this over on the other site so that program that you demonstrated. QPST.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones