• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Love Android 2.0; Undecided on the DROID

dak244

Nov 3, 2009
I made the jump to Android 2.0 yesterday via the Motorola DROID. After following the news/forums/speculation for a month or so, I went ahead and pulled the trigger. I have only had the phone for about 24 hours, so my comments are still based on the initial impressions of the phone. Please keep in mind also that I am coming from a Blackberry Pearl.

First off, I love the usability, flexibility, intuitiveness, etc. of the Android 2.0 OS. Although Blackberry has a moderately stable, usable interface as well, Android seems to just blow it out of the water on features, speed (most of this can be attributed to the Droid), and sheer potential. I am really optimistic that this OS will continue to be developed into one of (if not,

Give it time. I too came from the Pearl and would never go back to BB. With anything new, there's going to be an adjustment period. I've had the Droid for almost a week and I'm finding that navigation is starting to become more natural.

Think back to when you got the Pearl. There was a learning curve with that cramped keyboard...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones