• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Love Hate Relationship

I love the Eris I really do but this phone is diving me crazy with its constant lockups. I can be on a call and the phone locks up, have to pull the battery, I end a call the phone locks up, have to pull the battery, it also seems to like to redial the last number that I called or came into me from time to time, all of the sudden I hear "hello, hello" and the person on the other end will say your phone just called me 3 times or 2x or however many times it redials......I had a heart attack earlier in the year so people get concerned when I don't respond, real frustrating. Not sure what to do talked to the Verizon people but they say they do not know of such problems. Would hate to see this phone end up under a tire of a moving 18 wheeler on the highway.

Mine says 1.5 for the firmware version think that is current. Installed the NOT CALL LOG app. Guess we shall see.

You should not have to install an application in an attempt to clear up a serious issue with the device, an issue which is not commonly reported; there is something wrong with your Eris, I can't but think it should be replaced or at least examined by Verizon technicians.

Upvote 0
Maybe if you took it into a Verizon store and showed them when/how it happens they may be more willing to replace it for you. Or... they'll just tell you it will be fixed with the update this month. :D I actually wouldn't be surprised if the update did fix the issue. That is if you can wait that long.

Upvote 0
Maybe if you took it into a Verizon store and showed them when/how it happens they may be more willing to replace it for you. Or... they'll just tell you it will be fixed with the update this month. :D I actually wouldn't be surprised if the update did fix the issue. That is if you can wait that long.
Thas kind of what I have been holding out for the update.....problem is the update, will it ever really happen :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones