Love it

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Billy_617, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Billy_617

Billy_617 Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Boston, MA
    at first i was extremely iffy - about this phone.. i didnt know if i wanted this or the dinc.. after holding the dinc i was almost convinced & the bbm guy said they were sold out of sammies.. i was about to settle & then they got a call from a store in the same mall saying they had 1 left ( I RAN ) to the store asked to see it. i wont lie i was like ehh because it seemed fairly large... but i said GIMME & traded my D2 for it.

After using it all day ; the only thing i can say is WOW.

The Positives +
    Battery was better than expected.
    Screen is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL
    TouchWiz is actually snappy & easy to use for me.. i actually like it
    Camera/Video = STUNNING
    Charger cable was actually like 5 feet :) (cough to you motorola)
    VERY slim phone.

The Negatives -
    Phone LOVES fingerprints
    Bing being default (idc but i know other people do)
    Seems a little too big compared to the other Galaxy S'
    NO HEADPHONES :mad:

I still have A LOT more to toy around with i just didnt have time until tonight.

post comments on your opinions / complaints :)

Advertisement
  2. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday
    VIP Member

Apr 8, 2010
    NYU Student & Real Estate Agent
    Manhattan, NY
    I'm glad that you really like your Fascinate. :) I really like mine also so far. I am a bit worried about the battery life but hopefully I'll be impressed.

I have to agree that the screen is stunning. It's the best that I've seen. Also... the USB cable is awesome. Coming from an X... it was a real blessing. I also really love how thin it is. I remember before when a big selling point of the iPhone, 3G, and 3GS was its thinness. The iPhone 4 really pushed it even further but the Fascinate is essentially equal with the iPhone 4. There is a .02mm difference.

Not exactly sure why no headphones is an issue. I would never use stock headphones as they are usually quite bad.

3. Darkhan

Darkhan Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    I too love mine and was worried about battery so I got the extended battery and will be here tomorrow morning. I will post pics, I just hope my case will still fit with the new battery door?

4. ibrawl

ibrawl Member

Mar 19, 2010
    how is the speaker on this phone loud or just like the droid x?

5. Vihzel

VIP Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Manhattan, NY
    It's extremely loud. I have the Droid X and the speaker on the X can't compare.

6. Billy_617

Billy_617 Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Boston, MA
    i did notice something small.. i was in the middle of a call & if my ear pushed against the uhh speaker? earpiece? (where your ear goes) it got a little fuzzy or static-y

7. Vihzel

VIP Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Manhattan, NY
    That is typical with really any phone, especially if dust has gotten into it (which will happen).

8. fegriffith

fegriffith Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    I have found the volume for applications, such as navigation, to not be adequate at all.

Anyone else? I can't hear mine over the car, let alone if the radio is on even low.