Love my Captivate but one thing??Support

Last Updated:

1. Tracer

Tracer Member This Topic's Starter

Ok guys or girls this is where I am. Well I'm stuck and dont know where to go or look now. I used Kies to convert a movie and then uploaded on my phone. When I click the movie from my phone, all I have is a pic from the movie and no sound at all. But it shows the movie playing but nothing is happening...I'm so sick. I thought I was doing good until now....please help. What have I done wrong? :confused:

Advertisement
  2. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

try converting with format factory or handbrake, im betting the problem was with kies which i wasntt even aware converted movies

3. Tracer

Ok I downloaded handbrake. Is there presets I need to set for the Captivate? I'm new at this sorry for brain dead questions...Just dont know where to go.

4. CrimsonPride

i havent ever used it but ive heard it recommended so ill give it a quick look and see what i can find out. ive been meaning to give it a try just havent got around to it

5. Tracer

Ok thank you!!!! Once I get movie issued solved I'm set. I love this phone

6. CrimsonPride

7. Tracer

Ok thank you for your help!!! :D

8. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

I've been using videora. They have an andriod version but I'm using the iphone 3G version and it works perfect.

9. Tracer

Still no luck putting movies on my Captivate. :( I have tried everything I know of and still not having any luck. This is the only draw back I see with this phone. Uploading music no problem....uploading movies dead in the water.

10. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

The uploading should be as simple as copying a file. It's more the creation of the video which can pose a challenge. Are you having problems creating the video in Handbrake, or uploading an existing video to the phone?

11. Endoran

Endoran Well-Known Member

Yah the captivate plays many video formats right out of the box. What kind of video are you trying to play? If it's a divx, xvid, avi, etc should just be a drag and drop without going thru any software (via mass storage mode).

12. Tracer

I'm trying to mp4 the same is what my iPod plays. I've tried just dragging the file straight over and will not play or sound. Then I tried to covert it using Kies and Handbrake and I get the same results. Maybe I'm leaving something out or have no clue what I'm doing.

13. Endoran

Endoran Well-Known Member

I've had problems with mp4s myself, although I'm pretty sure the phone is capable of playing them. Maybe apple messes with them. I used a program that I cannot remember the name...I have it on my desktop at home, unfortunately I'm at work. I'll post it when I get home but I imagine someone else will answer before I get back as I'm working a 13hour shift (time and a half baby). Or I'd just search for video converter, and download it off of cnet or something. It will take a while to convert tho.

14. Tracer

ok thanks if you can tell me the program that would help out. What do i covert too though?

15. sremick

Are you trying to play movies on the Captivate that you purchase via iTunes? These are protected with DRM and won't work.

Also note that mp4 is just a container and doesn't define the codecs used for audio and video. The ones used need to be supported.

I'm currently working on instructions for using Handbrake with the Captivate. Still experimenting with some of the advanced quality settings to find the best balance.

16. Tracer

Im using the free ones that come with when you buy blu-ray dvds. They are not ones I bought off itunes just the extra disk that comes with your blu-ray copies. So are you guys using handbrake with regular dvds that you put in your disk drive? Thanks for the help everyone.. :)

17. sremick

Those won't work. Those "digital copies" are specifically made to only work with iTunes and/or Windows Media Player, or sometimes just the special player that comes on the disc. The DRM prevents them from working on anything else.

Correct.

18. Tracer

Ok thank you everyone for your help. I will try just regular dvds and see if I run into any trouble from there. LoL