• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Love my droid, But this is really annoying

Grecho

Jan 25, 2010
Dirty D
So I have had my Droid for almost a month now and i love it,,, but there are a couple of really annoying things that it does, and i was wondering if it was just me, or if anyone else has these problems too...

I will hit the unlock button on the top and start to do my pattern, and all the sudden, it says that i lifted my finger... and takes two tries out....

I will hit the unlock button and start my pattern and the screen will shut off like there is no activity and i will have to hit the unlock button again, and start over.

Oh and how about this,
tried both handcent and stock messaging app, i regularly have periods of long delay from both receiving and sending text messages, i will be sending one text and get a text sending overload message also.... then i will have periods of sending and receiving the exact same text 10-15 times in a row.... this happens all of the time and its extremely annoying....

anyone else have same problems, or something that they would like to add that others have??

So I have had my Droid for almost a month now and i love it,,, but there are a couple of really annoying things that it does, and i was wondering if it was just me, or if anyone else has these problems too...

I will hit the unlock button on the top and start to do my pattern, and all the sudden, it says that i lifted my finger... and takes two tries out....

I will hit the unlock button and start my pattern and the screen will shut off like there is no activity and i will have to hit the unlock button again, and start over.

Oh and how about this,
tried both handcent and stock messaging app, i regularly have periods of long delay from both receiving and sending text messages, i will be sending one text and get a text sending overload message also.... then i will have periods of sending and receiving the exact same text 10-15 times in a row.... this happens all of the time and its extremely annoying....

anyone else have same problems, or something that they would like to add that others have??

I have not heard of those issues before. I assume that you have powered off the Droid and the problem still happens after you turn it back on.

Are you using some kind of task killer? Sounds like a task killer issue to me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones