• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Love My Galaxy S3, but missing my iPhone

P1x3lz

Lurker
Dec 21, 2012
I really want to love my android phone but its missing some features that the iPhone had and I'm hoping for some recommendations of ways to get those features with my phone.

1. Notifications. On my iphone when I got a notification my screen would turn on and I would see it. Now with this phone all I hear is the audio notification and a tiny icon in the notification bar. Any way to make those notifications appear on the lock screen?

2. In my opinion iMessage is much better than the messaging system in android. I tried Chomp and liked it but there was no badge on the dock icon that tells me how many messages I have.

3. Can anyone recommend a GOOD music player? The stock player is just meh.

I actually tried rooting my phone and installing CM10 and ended up bricking it...yeah I didnt backup the stuff I think I needed to. I'm a little leery about rooting and installing a custom rom again.

Must have app recommendations would be a big plus too. Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones