Love my new EVO phone, BUT......(battery!)Support

Last Updated:

1. ryple

ryple New Member This Topic's Starter

So, After waiting in line for an iPhone 1G (3 yrs ago) and mostly loving it all this time, I decided I might try a Droid X. A little research and some news reading, (Info about broadening LTE and Verizon and ATT not being included) made me go for EVO. The first day was a transition. The UI was totally different and I was a little lost, but totally optimistic. Now I'm used to the UI, (good in fact) but I'm FREAKED out by the battery consumption. I GET why it is. I'm thrilled that turning off Gtalk et al., will have an improved effect, but so much of the advice says to shut off so much of the really cool stuff that it limits my love affair with this phone. If I'm going to turn off everything that's cool so I can make it through the day without charging, just for safety's sake, what's the attraction?
    I don't glom on FB everyday, but sometimes there's that one update that gets my attention, then it's fun. I don't have anyone to FRING with, so, I'm okay with that, and so it goes. Every third thingy or so, I'd like to at least find out if it's as fun as it says it is, but if I play around, I'm at 30% by noon. I'm still in my 30 day trial, do I need to go back to an iPhone? (The ONLY Apple device I've ever bought, before or since)

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums!! Try getting a bigger battery? I do have the DX rooted, so I have an an automatic program to kill apps, but I don't know your phone. Try asking your questions here or in one of it's sub-topics. Good luck!

Steven

HTC EVO 4G - Android Forums

3. Leftyguy

Leftyguy Well-Known Member

Hi - Welcome to the Android Forums - Cheers ;)

4. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Welcome to Android Forums, Ryple!

I'm moving this to the HTC EVO 4G forum, where it's more likely to receive attention.

Enjoy your stay. :)

5. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

EarlyMon likes this.