Love my new Hero! But mail and fb query...

Last Updated:

1. kingnothing83

kingnothing83 Member This Topic's Starter

New hero has arrived, successfully unlocked - and loving it so far!

However I have a couple of queries.

I have set up my yahoo mail using the mail program, pop/smtp mail

I have it to check every 15mins and it is great is there any way to stop mail showing up as "unread" if I have already read it.

What I mean is, I get 1 email to my yahoo email address, read this email at work, dont delete it, but it displays as "read". Then 15 mins later I get a notification on my hero and have to click the email to stop it displaying as unread.

Is there anyway to stop this?

Also - is there a decent facebook wigit? I like Bloo but you cant reply to mail on there, and it doesnt seem to have a widget, any tips?

Thanks!

Simon

Advertisement
  2. kingnothing83

kingnothing83 Member This Topic's Starter

oh and can anyone recommend the best app for finding the nearest pub, restaurant, etc and getting a quick review of them? I know you can just search google maps for "pub" and it'll give you a list of close by ones, and that Aloqa will give you reviews and show you the nearest pub etc, but when i use aloqa to give me directions it shows me car directions and doesnt let me choose walking directions

is there another app?

thanks

Simon

3. elektrobix

elektrobix Well-Known Member

As far as i know there isn't a single facebook app/widget that lets you reply to private messages. What i do is have a shortcut on my homescreen that points to my facebook message inbox

Code (Text):
    1. http://touch.facebook.com/#inbox.php
    I think the app you already have (Bloo) is considered one of the best facebook apps and here the author mentions the inbox issue: Bloo

4. markie-m8

markie-m8 Well-Known Member

Try places directory, not a bad free app.

5. Bhav

Bhav Well-Known Member

I don't think so. It's happening because you're using POP - it treats any emails it hasn't downloaded yet as "new" email, whether you've read it elsewhere or not.

The solution would be to use IMAP - although I don't know if Yahoo offers that.

If it doesn't...well the solution to that is use Gmail ;)