Love my prime, but...General

Last Updated:

1. critcher

critcher Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if I can return it.

I got it last January, then found out about GPS & wifi issues. Got the gps dongle, seemed to help a bit. Not too concerned about gps - never seem to need it.

The wifi is irritating though. Web browsing is slow. I have never managed to stream video other than youtube.

And its laggy. The JB update didn't seem to make much difference.

I understand that UK customers (I'm in the UK) were offered either a refund or extended warranty because of these issues.

In fairness I must add that these issues became more apparent to me when I got my new phone (nexus gt-9250) in september. It has half the spec of my prime, but it's outrageously fast and smooth.

And then there's the comparison to the ipad. Again, the prime has twice the spec of my mates ipad, yet it is fast and smooth, streams hd video flawlessly and just generally works. Luckily I don't see him that often!

I registered the prime on Asus website, but I don't think I ever called about extending the warranty.

I do love it, but it also annoys me. I'm not made of money and bought the very best that I could afford, only to find out fairly soon that an even better model would be out soon, and that the one I had had built-in problems. What should I do?

2. critcher

critcher Well-Known Member

Scratch that. All of it.

I just did a factory reset, and it's like a different machine. Unbelievable. I have a new machine!

3. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Glad you got it figured out!
    A factory reset after a big firmware update is generally advisable too clear out any bugs they may carry over.