Love the Hero- but buginess is unprecedented

Last Updated:

1. les anderson

les anderson Member This Topic's Starter

I guess if you take a relatively new OS and layer an intensive 3rd party GUI on top of it you get a perfect storm for bugginess!

I love this thing, and plan to keep it but I am really surprised it got out the door in this shape. I am having issues all over (albeit small).

Now with all this said the core OS has never faultered! I might try to kill sense and see if I can live with it until they release a maintenance patch.

Advertisement
  2. rockcrawler

rockcrawler Well-Known Member

This is what I have done, and the phone is incredibly stable and substantially faster without Sense. Don't get me wrong, I love Sense, but I will wait for 1.6 or 2.0 and see if it improves. Plus, I am clean and tidy tech guy, and stock Android seems so much more streamlined. Who knows, I may just keep it like this forever.

3. dcdttu

dcdttu Well-Known Member

My phone randomly will decide to not vibrate for email notifications. I sometimes get Exchange notifications when the email comes in, I usually don't for hours. If I send a test Gmail, I will sometimes get it with a minute, sometimes never. It's a gamble. There's about a million other little bugs creeping around in this phone. I would at least like my stock gmail to work.... Good lord, they haven't gotten that right yet? My pre was utterly bulletproof in this regard...

4. LTZguy

LTZguy Well-Known Member

How do you kill sense?

5. trick202

trick202 Well-Known Member

lol

you beat me to it. Been thinking about this for a while now.

6. dcdttu

dcdttu Well-Known Member

Download a program called Home Switcher in the Market. It will let you pick whichever Home screen you want and use it. It's awesome.

7. rockcrawler

rockcrawler Well-Known Member

Go into Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > HTC Sence > Clear Defaults. You can also clear data after this to free up all the space that your settings for Sense were using. If you are just 'Trying this out and may want to switch back, just leave it and of ou choose to keep the Vanilla Android home, you can always go back and clear it later

Then hit the "Home" button and when the selection screen comes up, click use as default and select "Home".

I always do a soft reboot at that point to make sure that Sense s no longer running.

To switch back, follow the same directions, except this time go into "Home" and clear defaults and then choose "HTC Sense" after hitting the 'Home" button.

Hope that helps.

This is not necessary, especially since in this case the whole point of doing so is to free up some memory and speed up the phone.