Love this phone but the phone/dialing feature sucks..Support

Last Updated:

1. Nutzer

Nutzer Member This Topic's Starter

Owned this phone for bout a week and been constantly playing with it and love everything bout it except the phone/dialing feature....coming from a blackberry, the phone/dialing just makes sense and works. Couple gripes I'm having:

1. Speed dial, I can't by default just hit 2 or 3 but I have to click off the "X" above the number pad before I can use speed dial. If I just long press 2, it would still think i'm trying to dial out a number and not speed dial.
    2. In the same "phone" screen they have recently dialed incoming/outgoing calls but it just shows a picture or no picture depending if I have them, but they don't show the numbers. I have to use the optical pad to scroll though to show the number, I can't even you my finger to swype through cause it will automatically dial the number without me knowing who i'm dialing specially if I have no picture or number.
    3. The "Faves" is kinda redundant cause it shows the recently dialed people same as the "Call Log". I know you can put your favorite people on the top list but still...kinda redundant.
    4. I can start dialing a users name via the dial pad and it would find the person I'm looking for, what happens when that contact has multiple numbers, if I click on the contact from what it found via dialing his name in the dial pad it would just dial the cell number; won't give me options to dial his home, work etc. Just dials the cell number by default.
    This is just some of the stuff I can point out right now. But its just not very intuitive and I have to go through multiple taps just to find someone, dial someone in my contacts or know where to look before I can dial out.
    If there is an app for the phone that I can use to replace the built in "phone" feature, that would be great. Just not crazy bout how the Phone feature which should be the most important feature on a "smartphone" is so poorly layed out.

Thanks for any info....

Advertisement
  2. dasanman69

dasanman69 Well-Known Member

Try Dialer One. You do know you can put direct dial (one touch) icons on your home screens.

3. Flowbee

Flowbee Member

I dont have a problem with the dialer except that it is easy to start calling someone in your contact lists or "my faves" on accident.

I will be reviewing text messages, or recent calls, contacts list, etc. and all of a sudden the dialer will be minimized in the background with a green glow on the top notification bar and thats when I realize Im calling someone at 1 in the morning for no reason. I know its just user error but this never happens on any of my older phones. I cant be the only one that has this happen.

4. brinky

brinky Well-Known Member

Have you actually set up your any speed dials? I have set them up and they work fine on a long press.

5. kevinff

kevinff New Member

I have all of the same issues as the original thread starter. Other people in my company who have the same phone don't have these issues. Any idea on how to make the one touch speed dial work?

I also have the blank gray faces on top which are the recent calls. Any way to make the recent calls a list of names instead of generic gray silhouette photos?

Every other item that he listed I have issues with too.....any help out there? Thanks

6. dasudevil

dasudevil Well-Known Member

Hit the phone icon then hit menu then speed dial add number and contact. Sorry so short on phone

7. Patches O'Houlihan

Patches O'Houlihan Member

Check out my suggestions in red above....