Love this phone, but...

Last Updated:

1. 11mess

11mess Member This Topic's Starter

I feel its way to big. I love it though. I really do not want to return it. Came from a Moto Droid. Bought it off Craigslist when Verizon was only going to send a third refurbished Storm 2. The Droid was starting to break so I had to buy a new phone. I think this phone is awesome. I changed things around so the battery would work better, its an incredible device. I just feel it is too big. Was wondering if anyone felt this way. Also, I look on here for tips, tricks and advice. Do I return it and get a Droid 2 at release, incredible (that phone feels a little cheaply made but a cool device nonetheless)?

Any input is appreciated.

Love these forums by the way...

Advertisement
  2. lamoglinsgal

lamoglinsgal Well-Known Member

Keep it for a few days/weeks and see if you get used to it. You have 30 days to return it. You just might fall in love. :)

3. jamo

jamo Well-Known Member

Yeah, I second that. There's no harm in keeping it for the full 30 days; the rumor is that the Droid 2 will be out Aug. 23rd, but it's just a rumor.

4. Sublimation

Sublimation Active Member

The size of the phone being too large is completely a matter of personal preference. That said, I find that I don't mind the added size of the phone because I'm in love with the massive screen real estate it provides.

5. NNN

NNN Well-Known Member

I feel the same way as the OP.

I was looking between the X and the Inc.

After using both, I realized that the X is just way too big - I don't know what Motorola was thinking. Putting it in your pocket looks and feels ridiculous too.

It's a nice phone - but with the combination of ridiculous size, moto BLUR software, and blocking ROMS/FLASH - the Incredible was an easy decision for me.

6. zeroG

zeroG Active Member

I had the same decision to make. I had the original droid, but wanted to upgrade to the Incredible. A friend of mine got the EVO and when I first saw it I thought it was too big to be practical for everyday cell phone use. So I was just going to stick with the Incredible. However after playing with it a little the morning it came out, and the fact that it's easier to hold and use with one hand because it's thinner and narrower than the EVO, I decided to get it.

And since Thursday when I got it I like it more and more, fits perfectly fine in my pocket, easy to use with one hand, battery life is better than the droid was, and now I can't imagine going back to the smaller screens

7. dguy

dguy Well-Known Member

I went from an Incredible to the X. No way I could ever consider going back, it's so much better.

ckochinsky125 likes this.
  8. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

Im with you on this i love the screen size and to me the phone doesnt seem that big anyway. It has a great feel and the way the weight is distributed makes it feel lighter then it is

9. TankRizzo

TankRizzo Well-Known Member

I was concerned before I got it too, but the size and hump have been a total non-issue to me.

10. deekum1627

deekum1627 Well-Known Member

just send to to my house

11. DETERMINOLOGY

DETERMINOLOGY New Member

Im thinking about getting a droid x soon and (Coming from a BBS 2 user) from what ive seen in vids the x looks 100x better and i dont think i could go back to a blackberry device.

12. Outlaw71

Outlaw71 Well-Known Member

One thing to keep in mind from the video's... they make the DX look like a tablet. I don't know if they just zoom way in, or use people with tiny hands or what, but I remember thinking it looked like a freaking monster when I first saw video's of it. Then when I saw it down at my local Verizon store I remember thinking, "damn, that's not nearly as big as I thought it was going to be".

Not that it's small, I am of the opinion that it is the perfect size. We have several former Blackberry Storm 2 users around this forum, find them and talk to them. They will tell you the pro's and con's of going from the BBS2 to the DX. The pro's... well there are too many to list. The con's... well let's just say you're girlfriend/fiancee/wife is going to leave you because she's going to feel rejected once you get your DX, you'll lose your job because your boss will constantly see you playing on your phone instead of doing your work, and your hands may cramp up after the first month of having your shiny new DX glued to them 24/7.

So as long as you're not all that fond of your woman, job or well rested hands, then I say the DX is a great choice for you!

:D

13. sawtooth

sawtooth Active Member

idk what your talking about. coming from my BB storm tis this feels way better in the pocket. i cant even tell i have it on me. but idk if your coming from a small flip phone to it then i guess it would feel big. i carried around that heavy big storm for 2 years and this one feels alot better. i love the size

i didnt like the incredables i tried. internet was no faster then my dad eris and i dont like the htc set up for some reason.