• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help lovelink.us pop-ups

hello! i've got a little issue here about a certain pop-up that's been recurring on both the internet and chrome browsers on my samsung galaxy s3

it started a couple of weeks ago - i can't remember what site i was on but i remember getting a pop-up that said "WARNING! Your battery is too heat!" and the only button that you could press was one that said "OK". Instead of pressing that, of course, i pressed the back button. However, the pop-up appeared again, so I pressed the back button again. Then, without warning, the play store app opened up and presented me with a random app (the first time was some kind of dating video-chat app, so i assumed it was just one of those one-off spam things).

unfortunately, this has been happening again and again, sending me to different apps each time. some other pop-ups have said that they're from ads.yahoo.com! i've been trying to find out what people have said on this, and some people have said that there may be some script error on the websites that i'm on (this has only happened on gogoanime.com and some manga sites), but most of my efforts to find some sort of solution have all come to a dead end.

i do have the "block pop-ups" option selected on both my browsers (it had actually been on when i first checked it!).

i've also read in places that android may have some malware issues recently? although i'm not completely sure on that front.

if anyone can help, it'll be much appreciated!

-Len

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Although I can't remember the specific time I installed these, I have installed a handful of live wallpapers recently as well as some games that were advertised while on the app 100 Doors (bubble popping games, mostly).

I'm guessing the best course of action is to uninstall some of these to see if that helps?

I'll also check those links uvu

Thanks!

-Len

Upvote 0
Len, wallpapers can certainly do it as can casual games. Couple of things really.

1) Look at the permissions very carefully, e.g. wallpaper should not require any permissions at all, except maybe internet permissions for live weather wallpaper.

2) Be careful where you install apps from. If you just install apps from Google Play you should be ok now, as Google has recently banned the intrusive ads stuff from Play.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Thanks for such a fast reply! I've gone back and thoroughly checked the permissions for all of the apps and as you said, they either had no permissions or just network connections.

As for where I downloaded them from, any and all of the apps on my phone have been downloaded from Google Play.

I also checked the link you sent me! Unfortunately, they seemed to be talking about a different problem (push notifications at the top of their screens - I haven't had that at all). I have downloaded and run Addons Detector but everything was fine.

Thanks,

-Len

Upvote 0
Hello,

I have had exactly the same problem, and I noticed it only happens on certain pages.

As a new user, I'm told I can't post links, bu look for a site called "comics beat" and on it for a page titled "Scott Lobdell : I apologize to Marinaomi" Every time I try to visit this page, I have the very same problem as described in this thread. Could a malicious script in the page (ads banners?) cause it? Should the site admins be alerted?

Upvote 0
I had this when clicking on a link but the message was different. It said that my phone is infected (1 virus found) and then it redirected me to some android cleaning app. The popup was similar to this one:

lovelinkus.jpg

Credits: How to remove lovelinks.us pop-up ads on your phone and tablet | Stay Protected

The app that was causing lovelinks.us popups was called water reflection effect or something like that. It also made phone a lot slower than usual. Uninstalled the app and everything is back to normal.

Reactions: dontpanicbobby
Upvote 0
Hi.. I was having the same problem, which led me to this forum, but shortly after I figured it out myself. You shoukd have an app called google settings. Click on that, go down the list and click on Ads, then click on opt out of interest-based ads. I haven't had a single pop-up since I did this. Hope it helps you too! :)

Upvote 0
I'm a bit late to the party on this 1, but....

There's an app in the play store that scans all your apps and their permissions and lists them on a 3 tier stage. Normal / moderate and high risk, you can click on the app and it tells you exactly what the app permissions entail and why it has been flagged as high risk etc.

For example i had 1 high risk app that was apparently leaking and uploading my email address etc.

Here's the link, see what you make of it and hope it pinpoints where you're getting the trouble from....

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bitdefender.clueful&hl=en

Good Luck ;)

Upvote 0
Hi it's me again. Everybody talk about an apps or a virus who cause the problem, but I repeat myself, I reset my phone and add no apps...0 app. Should a reset erase all the virus or a defective app?

The only things I found for the moment is to click off on the unable the Java script button. No more pop up since then...

Upvote 0
Hi it's me again. Everybody talk about an apps or a virus who cause the problem, but I repeat myself, I reset my phone and add no apps...0 app. Should a reset erase all the virus or a defective app?

The only things I found for the moment is to click off on the unable the Java script button. No more pop up since then...

then the question i have is with it enabled is it always the same sites or does the site matter.

if the same site then it is a problem with the sites java coding. if it does not matter then it is a java hook of some kind on your phone some were and wiping the phone is good and all but if the recovery was infected like they did with pc viruis the only fix is a complete kies wipe.

Upvote 0
hello! i've got a little issue here about a certain pop-up that's been recurring on both the internet and chrome browsers on my samsung galaxy s3

it started a couple of weeks ago - i can't remember what site i was on but i remember getting a pop-up that said "WARNING! Your battery is too heat!" and the only button that you could press was one that said "OK". Instead of pressing that, of course, i pressed the back button. However, the pop-up appeared again, so I pressed the back button again. Then, without warning, the play store app opened up and presented me with a random app (the first time was some kind of dating video-chat app, so i assumed it was just one of those one-off spam things).

unfortunately, this has been happening again and again, sending me to different apps each time. some other pop-ups have said that they're from ads.yahoo.com! i've been trying to find out what people have said on this, and some people have said that there may be some script error on the websites that i'm on (this has only happened on gogoanime.com and some manga sites), but most of my efforts to find some sort of solution have all come to a dead end.

i do have the "block pop-ups" option selected on both my browsers (it had actually been on when i first checked it!).

i've also read in places that android may have some malware issues recently? although i'm not completely sure on that front.

if anyone can help, it'll be much appreciated!

-Len

I seem to be having these same problems as well though the message I receive says that I have a virus on my phone (still the lovelink.us link) and if I click on it it sends me to MoboGenie.

From what I recall I also only get these annoying pop ups on manga sites (mangafox mangahere mngacow mangareader and so on).

I have tried turning pop up block on in chrome and Google setting, uninstalling all the my free apps, changing browsers, searched for a non root popup blocker and I still cant get the cancerous thing to bugger off.

This problem occurs on my Nexus 7 2013 4.4.2 and my Galaxy S3 4.3

Has anyone had any progress so far? I'm finding this sole problem is ruining my android experience as it is a constant pest.

Upvote 0
Hi, I have no problem since 2 weeks ago. My problem was on the same website, the annoying lovelink.us come sometimes. This is what a I have done on a moment of open rage: I open the website and press cancel to the choice on the screen, I repeat again and again and again( open the website, cancel) maybe ten or fifteen times non stop...since I m clear free. Good luck!

Upvote 0
I seem to be having these same problems as well though the message I receive says that I have a virus on my phone (still the lovelink.us link) and if I click on it it sends me to MoboGenie.

From what I recall I also only get these annoying pop ups on manga sites (mangafox mangahere mngacow mangareader and so on).

I have tried turning pop up block on in chrome and Google setting, uninstalling all the my free apps, changing browsers, searched for a non root popup blocker and I still cant get the cancerous thing to bugger off.

This problem occurs on my Nexus 7 2013 4.4.2 and my Galaxy S3 4.3

Has anyone had any progress so far? I'm finding this sole problem is ruining my android experience as it is a constant pest.
i would forward this information to the websites webmaster. it looks to be a java coding issue on the sites that get it. yes is says it is your phon but it is most likely the sites coding or java cache on your phone. you could try if your stock a complete wipe dailer code ##RTN# or ##SCRTN reset eneter MSL both of these will remove and reset to factory you may have to reactivte your phone but it will be a complete wipe if you use the second

Upvote 0
Hi new to the board here, but glad I found it. First off the problem is website based...not phone or app based. Stockhouse.com is another one of the sites that has this java thing going on with it. The site is known for it's weak overseeing by administrators. This is the only website...for me...that the pop up comes about. You eventually have to power down your phone to get rid of it ...but as soon as you go back to the site...there it is again. I would advise to stay away from the site....in order to keep your phone and computer clean. So I hope this stops those that think it is attached to an app or game to continue to post that it is....because it is not. As the original poster made it clear ...it is only on X site. So there are several sites online that have this java problem going on. Let the administrator know...and as for me.... I will not be going to stockhouse.com anymore....it's pitiful.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones