Loving It

Last Updated:

1. Kazrell

Kazrell Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Apr 14, 2010
    After playing with my X for 9 days - I have to say I'm really glad I made the switch from the iPhone 4. For newbies to Android like myself there's a certain learning curve that you have to expect in order to fully get a handle on the device. I compare it to learning a new OS say Mac OS to Windows XP.

That said, I've been able to customize my DX with all the things I've dreamed of and the performance is outstanding. I didn't know what to expect with all of the negative posts about battery life or a person choice of home screen replacements, etc. One of the features that really surprise me is the effectiveness of the voice to text commands that seem to be in almost every form of communication on the DX. I've been able to voice text a number of emails and sms texts over the last several days and it works wonderfully.

I can't see how this device isn't ranked ahead of teh iPhone 4 or even the HTC Incredible. I'm not saying that those other devices suck, I just think this smartphone is a little better. And in the case of the iPhone 4 > the network itself is 5X's better and so is the phone.

The only small caveat I would inject in my 9 days of use is the applications of Missing Sync and Double Twist really aren't as intuitive or user friendly in finding and syncing your music/videos/podcasts as iTunes is. I suspect that Google or one of Google's developers will soon jump on this obvious gap in performance with their own iTunes like application. But to me this is a small price to pay for the many things this device does very well - I hope as a new Android Fanboy - you feel the same.

jroc likes this.