• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Loving Skinomi screen protectors...again

Nolesfan

Apr 8, 2010
New York
I always liked my Skinomi protector and I've used it on many devices, but I just had one start to peel off and get some debris under it. I emailed the company and they sent me a new one for free. All I have to do is send mine back and the warranty continues. They cover shipping and handling on the first one ($2.95 after that). The most amazing part is that they cover normal wear and tear of the product. So a lifetime warranty is just that. It's nice to see a company standing behind a product.

I'm concerned about the wet kind because there is a channel that surrounds the glass where water can seep through. You're practically guaranteed to get it inside the casing.

Sent by my Rezound using Tapatalk 2 Beta 5.

I've done multiple wet applications on my phones and have never had a problem. Just have a lint free cloth there and soak up the excess that gets squeegeed out.

Upvote 0
It has a slight rubbery drag, which you may like once you get used to it. You may hate it, too.

The wet application will not hurt the phone at all. It may be slightly messy, but it won't bother anything if you clean it up during and after application.

Initial application will leave tiny bubbles and rainbow streaks for a day or so. This is normal. It will go away.

Beware of cases that wrap around to the edges of the screen. These will likely peel the edges of the protector. While it won't go very far, you will be annoyed.

Mild scratches heal in less than a week. Deeper scratches will blend but never go away. The only way to completely repair the heavy scratches is to inject Skinomi Nanobot Solution directly into the protector using a hypospray. While still pricey at $845,330/pound, liquid Nanobots can also heal your own skin when you get cut by a cyborg or liquid metal assassin.

Warranty is non-transferable without DNA samples of both the Skinomi and the user.

Large quantities of hydrochloric acid will damage the screen protector. Do not drink hydrochloric acid while using your phone.

Skinomi screen protectors will not stop a bullet. Don't talk on the phone in the middle of a war zone, as the camera lens will attract snipers and the screen protector will not stop a round.

Do not apply Skinomi products directly to the genitalia.

Drinking and driving is hazardous to your phones health. When pinned between your head and the windshield, Skinomi screen protectors are not capable of preventing the screen from shattering.

Skinomi screen protectors do not taste like key lime pie. Do not eat.

Use of Skinomi products in Transylvania is strictly prohibited.

Loud pipes save lives, but farting in a stairwell is frowned upon.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones