Loving the EVO (Praise thread) :-)

Last Updated: 2013-05-16 22:00:43
  1. alejovh1

alejovh1 Well-Known Member

I also came from ATT and the Iphone 4 and don't regret it at all. My only complain is the battery life, other than that everything on this phone rocks. Also Sprint is rock solid here in Portland, no droped calls and 4g overall accessible almost anywhere.

Advertisement
  2. stevcha

stevcha Well-Known Member

I love my evo. I came from Blackberry and the first Motorola Droid. The evo is a very capable device and is so much better since I rooted it. Its basically a full fledged laptop in my pocket.
  3. Scrodus

Scrodus Member

Agree, again and again. Looking back to my iPhone, I have no idea how I used that compared to what I have now with my EVO. And for Sprint, I couldn't be happier. Never thought I would ever have good experience dealing with a carrier. Service and support have been outstanding.

Now, about getting that 4G service where I live... ;)
  4. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Well-Known Member

I agree I do so much with this device its not even funny. Browsing, to games, to calls and "staying connected"... all on a fast device with generous screen space.
  5. stevcha

stevcha Well-Known Member

I love the fact that I have a flash capable web browser. Pages render correctly and quickly.
  6. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

I'll second all of this. I was very pleasantly surprised by Sprint.
  7. nsu300zx

nsu300zx Member

The new Google maps update makes this phone even better!
  8. Drew5150

Drew5150 Well-Known Member

picked my evo on launch day and I have loved every minute of owning it :)

the thing I need to decide on is what to upgrade my wife to. we left at&t about 2 years ago now. we both got instincts, she ended up hating it and we were already out of the 30 day period. I thought it wasn't great but there wasn't anything else I cared for so I kept mine. we used an early upgrade for her and moved her to a blackberry curve.

It feels like she has been stuck with that old ass phone forever now. and she won't be eligible for an upgrade until april. she does have a 75$ credit for upgrade now though.

thing is sprint usually releases a new flagship early summer yeah? so do we wait and see or just maybe go get her an evo now for christmas.

I want her to get something new as I feel like she really got the short end of the stick with our move to sprint. Her phone works ok, just its a quite outdated feeling.

pull the trigger or wait... hmmmm

EDIT: phones aside we couldn't be happier with our move to sprint ;)
  9. Hunterbeav

Hunterbeav Well-Known Member

Pull the trigger there is always something new coming out. You could wait forever, this is a great phone and sounds like for sure to get gingerbread. Why wait Santa. I had a blackberry before the evo but this is the best phone I have ever owned. I have be with sprint for going on 10 years now, they have been overall pretty decent to deal with. I can't see going anywhere else.
  10. MegatronVsMe

MegatronVsMe Well-Known Member

I never thought i would be with sprint. I was on ATT since i was about 14, (im 20 now) and i love it. Love the phone, love the service, love the price. i love EVERYTHING about it:)
  11. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Well-Known Member

My wife has the epic and I got the evo with plans to try it out for 30 days and decide if I wanted to keep it or not. After a week when I pick up her phone to update it I can't believe I ever considered it. The evo is a great phone...
  12. intense

intense Well-Known Member

Great thread here, just wanted to add to the satisfaction of Sprint and the Evo 4G. I read and heard about how bad Sprint was, etc... Having said that, I wish I wouldn't have waited so long to make the switch. Like a lot of others in this thread, I switched from AT&T and it's horrible spotty coverage.

I've only had my Evo since December 3rd, but I'm quite impressed and yes at first I wasn't sure I should buy this phone, but as previously mentioned in this thread, with technology there's always something coming out so if you wait you'll continue to wait and never get to enjoy anything. So I got the Evo and haven't looked back. Besides, I can upgrade every year if something better comes out. For me the only thing that could be better would be the same form factor with better battery life and perhaps a higher screen resolution.

If anyone is on the fence, just get the Evo, there's a great community on here and it's still a great device, Sprint/htc has really stepped up their game.
  13. jimdroid

jimdroid Well-Known Member

Best phone I've ever had (and I've had over 30 [was in the industry]).

Best service I've ever used (aside from the old Cingular service, before AT&T took them over and ruined it).

My iPhone drops at least 2 calls a day, every day. Since I've been on Sprint (over a year), I've had a grand total of 2 dropped calls total.

There's another thread about which phone to buy after the Evo. Right now, I can't imagine a phone being much better than what I already have.

jd
  14. Bnice

Bnice Guest

This is the best phone i have own,it does everything. I remember when i started to see the reviews on the EVO coming out, my wife was do an upgrade so i told her to just wait a few months and boy was it worth the wait. This is the first phone i have seen my wife played with so much and never put it down.I just got mine last month and this is the first phone i feel i can go a few years with,unless something awesome comes out.
  15. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

I love my Evo! Nuff Said. :)
  16. outofline

outofline New Member

Just made the switch from a Palm Pre (my first smart phone) to an Evo last week. I'm loving this thing. I've been playing with it, installing apps and tweaking it non-stop. It's so fast compared to the Pre! Unfortunately, I've made my wife jealous (she has a Moment... hella slow compared to the Evo) and now she wants a new phone too...
  17. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

My girlfriend has a Moment too, which she picked out herself because she wanted a keyboard and the Epic wasn't out yet. She always asks to use my phone to look up stuff and I tell her to use her own :)
  18. overclock

overclock Well-Known Member

I've been with Sprint and Evo for 6 months now. I <3 my Evo! Absolutely rocks. I use it so much I have to charge it multiple times a day. Sprint coverage has been fine and they recently upped the 4G coverage by my work. I downloaded the new Fresh ROM in a minute over 4G. Thanks Sprint!
  19. Camslam

Camslam Well-Known Member

Not necessarily important, but hilarious to me nonetheless. It seems that most or at least a boat load of the new phones revealed at CES this week have a 4.3 inch screen on them. Most seem to be at least 4.0 inch screens.

Why am I laughing? I'll tell you why, back in April, May, and June just before the EVO came out and then when it launched, there were countless HTC Incredible fans in here telling us how HUGE our screens were and since, I have heard jokes ranging from me pulling out my "IPAD", to questions of how it fits in my pocket.

I'll say this.... Bigger screens are the future. I wouldn't want to go much bigger than the 4.3" screen on the EVO, but I can tell you for sure, I'll never go smaller. I have loved every last inch of my screen for the 6+ months I've had it.

Interesting, how times and perspectives change things.

ROCK ON EVO! From what I've seen, I'm still going to be carrying one of the top of the line phones.
  20. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

^^^
    yes.. I agree...

and remember Steve Jobs.. saying.. who wants a big screen..

my bet... he will have to do some of that magic marketing within 2 yrs. and back track that statement. because I think the iphone will have to get bigger to match the market demand. I think it will be 4"...
  21. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Well-Known Member

I think I want my next device to be no smaller than 4.5"... I think a good size would be 5" like the Dell Streak. I think this is ideal for me because as of right now, I really don't want to buy the expensive tabs out there but I want some of the functionalities from a tab out of my smartphone. So for me, its the perfect balance between the two.
  22. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

i think... the evo physical size is as big as it needs to be, maybe a 1-2 mm bigger in all directions... without being.. boreline silly for phone.

what ever screen size they can fit in that .. will be great.
    so.. a 4.7'ish screen with the retina resolution would be perfect.
  23. Brian Rubin

Brian Rubin Well-Known Member

Left the iPhone and AT&T for the EVO and Sprint. Besides being on my second EVO due to the USB port separating from the motherboard on my first, I couldn't be happier with it.
  24. Roadracer247

Roadracer247 Active Member

Just bought my Evo 4g. Loving this thing! I came from an iphone 3g. :eek:
  25. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

welecome to the forum.. roadracer.

you will find great community here.. and the awesome amount of dev support for the EVO. great choice!