1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Loving the EVO (Praise thread) :-)

1. wacko11

wacko11 Well-Known Member

My first android phone was the htc hero, I got it the first day it came out. Around august my hero turn super saiyan and transform into the evo from since then I am constantly on it for some reason it's hard not to be on it. I personally think this is the best phone as of now. I've played with the epic and iphone and the only thing better is the screen. The evo is a beast, and I can't with until june to turn my evo into super saiyan2.
    toomuchgame441 likes this.
  2. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Well-Known Member

BEST POST EVER! ROFL @ Super Saiyan
  3. Pertinax

Pertinax Well-Known Member

My EVO has the best phone radio I have ever had! I can make and receive calls in locations where with other phones (multiple) I was unable to make or receive calls.

While recent experience with Google tablets has caused my EVO to seem sluggish and I have battery problem like everyone else I will only keep an upgrade that lives up to the EVO's radio.
  4. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

I came from an iPhone 3GS so I second your love of the radio.
  5. Androidalltheway

Androidalltheway Well-Known Member

To this day it is the best phone I ever had, the evo 2 will be my next phone probably
  6. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

to be fair...

when I got the htc Touch.. I thought that was the best phone ever
    then the Diamond...was awesome
    the Touch Pro 2.. was kick ass
    the Hero.. was mind blowing...
    the EVO.. is the bomb.

each phone was... "the best phone I ever had!"
    and each was an htc :D
  7. indychic

indychic Well-Known Member

I'm new in the Evo forum!
    I just dumped my Samsung Moment and I'm extremely happy to be a new Evo owner! My hubby has had his Evo since November and absolutely loves it!
  8. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

Awesome! ...Have Fun! :)
  9. Taterus Maximus

Taterus Maximus Well-Known Member

Just got my Evo, switched from the Hero. I am in total lesbians with this phone for way too many reasons to bore everyone with (and you probably already know anyway). I'm going to elope to Canada with it.
  10. omarb

omarb Member

I love the EVO. I see no need to root since the phone is lighting quick, no lag, and I like HTC Sense's Exchange integration much better than the stock Android.
  11. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

at 7 pm to night...

i had to add water and anti-freeze to my car.. outside... to dark to see what I was doing..

EVO to the rescue... turn on the LED... brightest setting.. daul LED baby...

But.. I need both hands to hold the container.. and not spill to much.
    pop the kickstand and set her on the engine cover...

done .. and I am good for tomorrow's freezing temps.

love that EVO
  12. Karl_in_Chicago

Karl_in_Chicago Well-Known Member

Picked up my 002 on release day at the Sprint store and haven't had any issues with it. I have it in a Seidio Innocase+Holster, fwiw. Still very happy with it and even happier having just rooted it last week and flashing MikFroyo mod. :)
  13. wacko11

wacko11 Well-Known Member

I was watching the lakers game today and for some reason it came off, so I just pulled out my evo and put it to adthe.net and start watching it until it came back on tv, my two friends had iphones and I been like can ur phone do that.......lol.......I love my phone.
  14. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

I'm just loving this phone.

The features on my EVO far outnumbered my previous phone. This is the phone for me now, until something better comes out.
  15. Simple Echo

Simple Echo Member

I love this evo, it's the only phone I've had that gets better with age. ;)
  16. toomuchgame441

I have to admit I'm still very impressed with everything this phone can do. And it does a lot!
  17. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

after a month with my phone....

i still love just looking at it. sexy little thing...
    i get home... take all my coat and shoes to get comfortable.
    it then slip off the evo cover... so it can be comfortable..

am i silly??? :p
    toomuchgame441 likes this.
  18. Renee1228

Renee1228 Well-Known Member

I had an Epic for the past 6 months, and it was nothing but a PITA! I would randomly lose signal, go to roaming, not be able to place a call... The GPS never worked. I got it because I had trouble using the touch keypad on the Hero, and convinced myself that I couldn't live without the physical keyboard. I hated every minute of the Epic.

I just got the Evo 2 days ago, and I am so in love! My only beef is that it was super easy to root the Epic and I've been reading through all the threads on here and am thoroughly confused on rooting the Evo.

I know there are alot of rabid Epic lovers, but honestly, Samsung cannot touch HTC in quality.
  19. Renee1228

Would love any tips you could give me on rooting.

Also LOVE the Wire reference!! :)
  20. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

this is what I used.. for newer EVOs.
    [ROOT][GUIDE] HBoot 2.02/2.10 SOFF - There Will Be Root - Upd. 01.26.11 - xda-developers
    Renee1228 likes this.
  21. Renee1228

22. cubarican84

cubarican84 Member

Best phone on the market!
  23. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

You're right about it being intimidating, but if you take your time and read and then follow the directions it'll be very much worth it. Have fun!!
  24. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

it is very intimidating if you look at the whole thing at one time!

read each instruction... (dont skip any sentence) one at a time. and only worry about that step. take notes on that...and it is not that hard.
  25. toomuchgame441

Still love my EVO, great device. But I've been tempted lately to take the plunge into Tab Land and I really don't want to spend the money because I know that a smartphone will be more practical for me on the go. The EVO does great for me because of the large screen, but ME WANT MORE SCREEN!

I'm hoping Sprint comes out with a 4.5-5.0" Android. Either way, still loving my Evo and everything I'm able to do with it.