Low battery life..Support

Last Updated:

1. MaJoR

MaJoR New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all,

I bought my phone 6 days ago..
    And the battery life is super low..
    I played Angry Birds (when I had a live wallpaper, I dont know if it has anything to do with it) for half an hour and lost 25% of my battery, thats a lot!
    I switched to a simple wallpaper and played Angrey Birds for 30 mins again, and lost about 13% of battery.

My screen brightness is on minimum..
    I dont have WIFI,GPS or Bluetooth on..

I played a 50 minutes video, and left the phone to play it..
    I came back and saw 10% of battery gone, is it normal?

I read some threads about battery life issue and someone wrote that at the first days the battery drains fast, and after a few charges it will work properly, is that correct?

I always drain the battery completely, and then recharge it.

Please help me,
    Thank you.

Advertisement
  2. randyhk

randyhk Active Member

It is true that playing angry birds and watching videos does drain the battery faster than the normal rate. I played angry birds quite a lot yesterday, but I managed to get through the day without charging my unit until end of the night. I had my phone for roughly 3 months now, and before I was in constant battle in plugging in my phone whenever I can. After 2 weeks in after my initial purchase, I did not find much change in my battery life. However something happened to my phone last month that prompt me to factory reset my phone. I had the constant boot screen, but I managed to do the reset through the 3 button recovery. After my factory reset, it was surprising that my battery life could last me the whole day.

My average day is listening to music via stereo bluetooth for about 3 hours, some texting to my wife throughout the day, a couple phone calls throughout the day, playing angry birds for roughly an hour each day, some news reading during m half hour lunch break, and some other random stuff here and there. I manage to get to bed each night to roughly 20% left. I would consider myself anywhere between moderate to high usage user.

I would highly suggest doing a factory reset through Settings > Privacy > Factory Reset. There might be an app or a setting hiding at the background that sucking up all battery, so doing a factory reset would not hurt much at all. Just remember to back up your contacts to your sim card or through kies. Any applications would be saved when you sign back to the market application and under the downloads tab. Yes, you would be required to download all of them again, so I advise you to find an easy access to wi-fi. I understand that this might be a while, but to achieve a longer battery life, it's worthwhile to me anyways. Good luck!

3. MaJoR

First of all, thank you for commenting.
    Are you sure that reset is necessary? I really dont want to download all my apps again :( And I didn't download all of them from the market, some are cracked, so it's a problem finding those apps again.
    I am pretty sure that the battery draind very quickly from the start..
    I remember that when I only bought it, I saw that the battery precent went down pretty fast.. even thou I had no apps installed..
    I guess that I got a bad phone or something with my darn luck..
    :(

4. shooternz

shooternz Member

Its Karma for using "cracked apps"

5. MaJoR

Ohh come on.. give me a break..
    The phone was like that before I installed cracked apps..
    If you can't help, dont comment..

6. randyhk

randyhk Active Member

Considering you bought your phone 6 days ago, you still need another week or so breaking in the battery. Mine was like that when I first got it. There are many ways for you to conserve battery life from dimming the display to the minimum, not using a live wallpaper, toggling off bluetooth, wifi, and gps when not needed. You could use less widgets and less homescreens, setting screen saver to a minute or less, and maybe more that I have not thought of yet.

Give it another couple more weeks. Worse comes to worse, you could do a factory reset. I'm at 15% now with an hour of angry birds, 4 hours of music via bluetooth, a phone call (10 min) and some texting.

Before the factory reset, my phone couldn't last half a day.

MaJoR likes this.
  7. MaJoR

OK, thank you :)
    And I drain my battery everytime before I charge it, hope to get better results..
    Thank you!
    I already do that, as I said on top of the thread.