Low Battery Noise

Last Updated:

1. charugan

charugan Member This Topic's Starter

Ever since I updated to Froyo my droid emits this really annoying noise when the battery's at 15%. I've searched all the menus trying to figure out how to turn it off. Is anyone else really annoyed by it? And how do I make it shut up?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Outlaw.99

Outlaw.99 Well-Known Member

Mine did it too... Ive tried to not let it get that low..lol.. Didnt find it as annoying as you have, I dont guess.... :eek:

3. GideonX

GideonX Guest

4. charugan

charugan Member This Topic's Starter

Any way to turn it off it your aren't rooted?

5. GideonX

GideonX Guest

Not that I know of. The sound file is in the /system directory, which requires root to rename, move, or delete.

6. NHRHS2010

NHRHS2010 New Member

I have a droid and I hate that annoying low battery sound. Especially since it doesn't sound pleasant and makes me want to puke. It startles me no matter what. And it even woke me up early this morning. But I do have a solution to this garbage; just turn the sound off (or put it on vibrate) when your battery reaches 20%. The only problem is that sometimes I forget to turn it back on after turning it off to avoid hearing that unpleasant noise (or even sitting in class, church service, or other places that request people to silence their phones) and end up getting missed calls.