Low Data Storage WarningSupport

Last Updated:

1. kaymoh114

kaymoh114 New Member This Topic's Starter

About once every two or three days, I get a strange notification in my bar. It's a red SD card icon, and it tells me that my "Database storage is getting low." I have 1.5 gb free on my partition, 15 free on my SD card and about 13 free on my internal storage, so I'm pretty confused. Usually, it goes away within 30 minutes - an hour but now, it's been here for a day. Restarting does not help, I've tried on multiple occasions.

I also went to "manage applications" and tried clearing caches and what not, no luck.

Help?

Advertisement
  2. TerribleOpera

TerribleOpera New Member

• sorted apps by size
    • noticed web browser was at 104Mb
    • tried to clear cache via 'manage applications' - didn't work
    • loaded browser and hit the settings button > more > settings
    • cleared cache and changed default storage from phone to sd card

that fixed it for me.. i have heard other people have experienced the issue due to contacts getting too large, but i sync my contacts with gmail and haven't had an issue

hope that helps

3. peachpuff

peachpuff Well-Known Member

Im getting a low on space message in my notifications for some reason and it says i can't receive texts. I have 175mb of internal phone storage free and plenty of gigs free on the internal sd card, any reason why this message pops up?

4. dgemhsu

dgemhsu New Member

Anyone get a fix for this yet?

I'm having the exact same issue where I get a notification that the Internal Phone Storage is full and then get a notification that Text Messages are full too tho I only have 1 or 2.

5. peachpuff

It was due to the one click lag fix, at least for me back then, uninstalling it did the trick.

6. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

The OCLF is outdated, deprecated and the method used very "dirty"/dangerous. It is very easy to end up with a corrupted phone using "loop" lagfixes.

7. peachpuff

Unfortunately its still on the market and people still insist it'll solve their problems with one click.

8. Fremen

Fremen Active Member

I'm having this problem and can't figure out what the cause is. It just says database storage is low and everything seems to work perfectly....

I also have 1000+ contacts, so that could be the error, but I don't know what the fix is.

EDIT: Clearing all the browser data did it for me (I had like 122MB of data in the Browser).

9. scandroid

scandroid New Member

I ran in to the same issue. I removed battery and SIM card while phone was ON. Waited 30 seconds and put back in SIM and battery.

With this steps I did not see any the database and memory full error.

Hope this will help all users, who's having an issue.

10. DougPeterson

DougPeterson New Member

I went through reloading contacts (only ~150), clearing the cache on browsers and twitter clients along with deleting e-mail and text messages. I then went through clearing the cache on all applications, one by one, through Manage Applications in the Android settings. That reduced by Personal Data Storage from 104 to 103 out of 127 MB.

I then started deleting data from any application I wasn't using and some I was, not always what I meant to do. Eventually I found that Media Storage was taking 111 MB. After deleting data from Media Storage I was down to about 2 MB.

Whatever is going on with Android scanning media files on my external SD card doesn't seem to be going right. I have about a couple dozen songs, a dozen videos and maybe 100 photos. I had also noticed the media scans after disconnecting from USB have been getting progressively and noticeably longer. I will have to watch to see if this happens again.