Low ear-piece volume and speaker-phone issueSupport

Last Updated:

1. lucasfinley

lucasfinley Active Member This Topic's Starter

So I got my X, I love it all in all a much better phone that the original Droid (other than the lack of root thus far). Anyway, I have noticed that sometimes the audio from a call comes through the earpiece very low volume. Also when using the speakerphone feature (because it's hard to hear through the earpiece) I found that the caller on the other line can't hear me unless I yell into the phone! For a phone with 3 mics I'm not happy with these issues. Anyone else experiencing the same?

Advertisement
  2. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

Nope. Do you have the volume turned all the way up? if so maybe you just got a bad phone although the speaker isnt the loudest on the X sadly.

3. jamo

jamo Well-Known Member

I've experienced the opposite; my audio quality is great!

4. lucasfinley

lucasfinley Active Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah i was worried that it might be defective. I just don't want to have to exchange it because there are none!

5. _Aardvark

_Aardvark Well-Known Member

I've had similar issues. At times I can barely hear on with the earpiece. Even worse is my bluetooth volume. I've adjust the normal and bluetooth in-call volumes to the max.

I theory is that the Droid X isn't very loud at times - I don't know if this a Verizon thing or a phone thing. This coupled with a quieter phone on the receiving end and my crappy bluetooth headset is compounding the issue. But, my home phone (where I'm calling), the locations I'm calling from, and my headset are all the same as before - just the Droid X is new.

The strange thing is that this seems inconsistent, like if I try to recreate the problem it seems better.