low memory issues...

1. bamachick

bamachick Active Member

Hi all,

I am having lots of trouble with my memory being low. I have a rooted Prevail and am running the Honey Bread Sandwich ROM (which I love, by the way). I only have about 8 mb worth of memory left, so none of my updates get done. I have EVERY app (that's not a system app) saved on my SD, except my little clock/weather widget, and it won't run properly unless it's saved on the internal memory. I am at my wit's end. I have the memory eraser app and I run it all the time, but it's still shows low memory most of the time. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Well my phone has had trouble like tht to the way i had got mine to stop is i had to kill some apps tht i didnt use at tht time and i had to uninstall some widgets because they take up alot of space or just get some widgets that dont take up as much space or take out your sd card and put it back in

i hope some of these tips help you
  3. Caeadas

Caeadas Well-Known Member

KoumaKernel

It can put your /data, or your /data/app and dalvik cache, directly on your SD card. And even better, it counts it as internal memory, so you don't have to worry about your clock/weather app. Go read the thread.
  4. cwhatever

cwhatever Life Goes On Guide

thats the way to go i have like 257 apps total with system apps and i have 1.1 gig free and 780 something used, running ctmod3.3 kouma kernal 2.4 on data oc at 946mhz and is great:D:D:D

View attachment 29977
  5. jwh42000

jwh42000 Well-Known Member

Definitely go koumakernel I was going crazy having like 5 apps installed and running out of memory
  6. The~Skater~187

The~Skater~187 Well-Known Member

My kernel has the integrated a2sd. It mounts /data to your sd-ext.
  7. DaisFlaque

DaisFlaque Guides Guide

Yeah I ran HBS4 for two months it does run the data on your sdcard, just re-read through his thread.
  8. bamachick

bamachick Active Member

A2SD doesn't like my phone for some reason, it thinks it's not rooted when it is. Also, anyone know why my phone is trying to run a system update?
  9. bamachick

bamachick Active Member

Well, I just went in and wiped my Davlik cache and mounted my /data onto my SD card, and I now have 42mb free!! Much better! :D
  10. jwh42000

What size partition do you have? Running a2sd at 1024 you should have almost 1GB. You can check in terminal emulator
    Su -
    A2sd check

The sections are set up properly if it says []

They are NOT set right if you see [ ]

If not set up properly, in terminal as su
    Enter a2sd repair
    Reboot
    Go back into terminal and run a2sd check again
    If still not set up right enter a2sd remove
    Reboot
    After boot up go to apps should see a2sdgui
    Open click move apps
    Will reboot one more time
    Open a2sdgui again go to second tab
    Move dalvik cache
    Reboot again
    Profit!
    bamachick likes this.
  11. bamachick

bamachick Active Member

I'm sorry... terminal? I'm a newbie, I don't know what that is. I just reinstalled A2SD and this is the error message I got: Could not start for one of these reasons: 1. Your device is not rooted (I know it is), 2. A2SD scripts could not be found, 3. No EXT partition found.... I have no idea how to fix 2 or 3.
  12. cwhatever

check out ct mod and kouma kernal works great for me:D:D:D
  13. cwhatever

just trying out signature
  14. cwhatever

just trying out again
  15. cwhatever

Had my signature working before and now won't since i changed it sorry for all this on this thread
  16. jwh42000

Terminal emulator is a app you download from market. You might be better off installing koumakernel 1.2 it will automatically mount the \data to your SD card partition. None of the koumakernels are compatible with stock Gingerbread though it would definitely work with honey bread. Think skater 187 might have a kernel that mounts the same way. A2sd is definitely temperamental lol
  17. bamachick

bamachick Active Member

Well, I just figured out that I'm running the OLDEST version of HoneyBreadSandwich in existence, so I'm going to update that, and that will probably solves all my issues.
  18. jwh42000

19. bamachick

bamachick Active Member

Well, got HoneyBread updated... but A2SD still won't work, probably because my sd-ext will not mount. Would it be a good idea to go ahead and install Kouma, too? Would that cause any conflicts?
  20. cwhatever

is your card partioned right? had that problem when using that and had to partition by itself and nothing else meaning go into cwm and only partition then reboot and kk should work unless on stock rom
  21. inigomontoyasr

inigomontoyasr Well-Known Member

sdext is already mounted. the script is not needed for that ROM.
  22. bamachick

bamachick Active Member

How do you recommend it be partitioned?
  23. jwh42000

I'm pretty sure its compatible. It won't hurt anything it will just bootloop if not. I would go ahead and try it. I think that's the only ROM I never tried
  24. cwhatever

easiest way is to go to cwm and go to advanced an then pick what want ext ? then swap 0 and done:D:D:D

once or twice did it that way and did't work and redid it and the all was fine