Low Memory Killer LevelsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Terabethia

Terabethia Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Jun 21, 2010
    To start with I just want to say that I do not have a problem with Low Memory notifications and am not asking for help.

Okay... so I have an app called Android System Info. It's handy, has tons of information in it. I was just looking through the menu and noticed "Low Memory Killer Levels", which seem to list the level at which this notification should display. Mine says:

Foreground App: 6:00MB
    Visible App: 8:00MB
    Secondary Server: 16:00MB
    Hidden App: 20:00MB
    Content Provider: 22:00MB
    Empty App: 24:00MB

There doesn't seem to be a way to adjust these settings, at least not in the app. But I thought that maybe that information would be useful to people having the memory low notification.

Or maybe someone can figure out a way to change those settings within the phone. Set it to a lower level or something.

2. sfgirl

sfgirl New Member

Jul 16, 2010
    i cant believe no ones answered this. i have the same problem. i cant even get downtown and back before my battery dies. its been off the charger for 5 minutes and has lost 11% already.
  3. markotak

markotak New Member

May 4, 2010
    1. MinfreeManager app from Market offer various levels of lowmem killing such as moderate, agressive,..., you can manualy change nummbers, too;
    2. Darktremor app2sd script, with it you can move apps to sd (ext) and via adb change lowmemory killer level (of course, a lot of other things you can do with adb).
    Root is required.