• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Low Memory Killer Levels

Terabethia

Android Expert
Jun 21, 2010
Northern Virginia
To start with I just want to say that I do not have a problem with Low Memory notifications and am not asking for help.

Okay... so I have an app called Android System Info. It's handy, has tons of information in it. I was just looking through the menu and noticed "Low Memory Killer Levels", which seem to list the level at which this notification should display. Mine says:

Foreground App: 6:00MB
Visible App: 8:00MB
Secondary Server: 16:00MB
Hidden App: 20:00MB
Content Provider: 22:00MB
Empty App: 24:00MB

There doesn't seem to be a way to adjust these settings, at least not in the app. But I thought that maybe that information would be useful to people having the memory low notification.

Or maybe someone can figure out a way to change those settings within the phone. Set it to a lower level or something.

To start with I just want to say that I do not have a problem with Low Memory notifications and am not asking for help.

Okay... so I have an app called Android System Info. It's handy, has tons of information in it. I was just looking through the menu and noticed "Low Memory Killer Levels", which seem to list the level at which this notification should display. Mine says:

Foreground App: 6:00MB
Visible App: 8:00MB
Secondary Server: 16:00MB
Hidden App: 20:00MB
Content Provider: 22:00MB
Empty App: 24:00MB

There doesn't seem to be a way to adjust these settings, at least not in the app. But I thought that maybe that information would be useful to people having the memory low notification.

Or maybe someone can figure out a way to change those settings within the phone. Set it to a lower level or something.

There are two ways for it:
1. MinfreeManager app from Market offer various levels of lowmem killing such as moderate, agressive,..., you can manualy change nummbers, too;
2. Darktremor app2sd script, with it you can move apps to sd (ext) and via adb change lowmemory killer level (of course, a lot of other things you can do with adb).
Root is required.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones