Low MemorySupport

1. sksahai

sksahai Member

All:
    I have no internal memory left, less than 10 MB.

According to APP 2 SD, the only apps on my phone are:
    Maps, Google voice, amazon appstore, go launcher ex, market, swift key x, shazam, gmail, talkback, sound back, kick back

Rough math: 67 MB.

it says that I have used 170 MB.

What is using that 100mb?

I have deleted all text messages, and never use gmail app. just my stock personal email.
    i have deleted the deleted emails.

I can't even update apps on the SD card as I keep getting the low memory warning.
    I do not want to root the phone.

Advertisement
  2. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Well-Known Member

A common Optimus complaint. I turn off all automatic updates and notifications in Settings, go to the Market and uninstall Maps updates, clean out the cache with History Eraser, and dump everything I don’t use regularly.
  3. Ed Vim

Ed Vim Active Member

In the event your phone doesn't even let you install something like 'History Eraser' because of your low mem situation, until you can clear up some memory to do so you can always just go about wiping accumulated cache files manually by going to your 'Settings', select 'Applications', and select 'Manage applications'. There you'll be able to see lists of all the apps on your phone and you can click on each to get to a 'Clear cache' button.
  4. Stevie D

Stevie D Well-Known Member

When in the APP2SD program if you hit Menu, there is a Clear Cache button. Takes care of all the apps cache on your phone at one time.
  5. RazzMaTazz

RazzMaTazz Well-Known Member

The web browser's cache can be a big hog of memory. You might want to start there.
    Dan Davies likes this.
  6. droididol

droididol Active Member

My suggestion- visit the all things root section of the forum here, and root it! When I rooted my phone and installed a custom Rom, I had almost 50MB more of memory than I did before. Just make sure to back up everything on your phone, as it will require a complete reset. I can't speak for everyone, but after I rooted my phone and installed a custom Rom, I was really glad I did, and wouldn't even consider going back.
  7. Dan Davies

Dan Davies Well-Known Member

When I went looking for my 1st Android phone, this is the one I got, but I had not realised what a problem memory is! I feel like I am working with a DOS computer again!

Your suggestion of dumping the browser cache freed up over 23Mb for me! Thanks!

Dan
  8. RazzMaTazz

RazzMaTazz Well-Known Member

9. grayem

grayem New Member

If you are going to root the phone, get link2sd. It moves ANYTHING to SD. It will clean out cache, dalvick cache, whatever that is. I have 4 pages of apps and over a 100MB free.
    pjarchrn and saltyfishnuts like this.
  10. jessegilbert

jessegilbert Member

Requires Rooted Phone according to "Play".