• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Low Memory :'(

so you have 60mb left instead of 85, what difference does that make? Is your phone slower? Is it lagging more?

Well I kno when it gets around 40-49mb the phone really starts messing up. My phone doesn't get that low, but it has dipped down to 51mb due to multitasking.

It would be nice to have those mbs back without the worry of hitting that critical stage. Still have some lag, especially when a notification comes thru.

Upvote 0
so you have 60mb left instead of 85, what difference does that make? Is your phone slower? Is it lagging more?

Well I kno when it gets around 40-49mb the phone really starts messing up. My phone doesn't get that low, but it has dipped down to 51mb due to multitasking.

It would be nice to have those mbs back without the worry of hitting that critical stage. Still have some lag, especially when a notification comes thru.

Upvote 0

hmm...I think the "danger point" is 20mb, something like that.

Not sure why you've only got 60...did you put a ROM on? I imagine any ROM you put on will take up some memory.

I'm running Gumbo 2.1, and I've got 113mb free. Not a lot of apps added after loading the ROM.

Upvote 0
hmm...I think the "danger point" is 20mb, something like that.

Not sure why you've only got 60...did you put a ROM on? I imagine any ROM you put on will take up some memory.

I'm running Gumbo 2.1, and I've got 113mb free. Not a lot of apps added after loading the ROM.

If I'm not mistaken, I'm running gumbo .31 but I could be wrong. I have fresh 1.1, gumbo and setcpu

Upvote 0
How many apps do u have btw?

47 show up in the launcher.

It might depend on how many widgets you're using as well...I've got the bookmarks one, email, small weather, small digital clock, mobile network toggle, wifi toggle, and setcpu widget...that's it. I'm only using 4 out of the 7 screens at the moment, as I haven't really found anything I want to put on the other 3 lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones