Low memory

Last Updated:

1. smallclone

smallclone Well-Known Member

My s3 is 5 days old with 4 GB of internal memory left. Why does tasker keep saying I have low memory? Is it some sort of RAM thing?

2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

That's RAM (memory) not disk space. Try to refrain calling disk space "Memory" ;)
  3. smallclone

smallclone Well-Known Member

Point taken

So is the solution a soft reset or kill some apps?
  4. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

I'm not sure why tasker says this. I havent had it on my s3 but it used to happen on my desire when I had plenty of memory free. I wouldnt ever recommend killing apps. Perhaps a reboot. Maybe its a one off.
  5. bruce73

bruce73 Well-Known Member

This just happened to me for the first time. I looked and saw that I was down to <100MB (there's 1GB total on this HTC Vivid). Can't remember what I was doing to get it so low, but a reboot took care of it.
  6. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Well-Known Member

I had it on my Xperia S.

I just go to Tasker options and turn off the notification.
  7. GTurn

GTurn Well-Known Member

This is a feature for phones with not that much RAM. People with a phone that has a lot of RAM do not need to worry about this. This is why you Have the option to turn it off in the settings Menu.
  8. Methos1979

Methos1979 Well-Known Member

What would you consider "a lot of RAM"? My phone, like the OP, has one gig of RAM but I'm frequently down around 100 meg and I get the notification as well. I have yet to notice a problem with Tasker programs but I'm also new to Tasker and have not written much yet either!

Does anyone know at what point problems actually occur? I've tried to get rid of all the programs that I never really use but that didn't seem to free up much RAM. Is there a way to see what is actually using up the RAM?
  9. Andima

Andima Well-Known Member

Open tasker app.
    Go to "Preference>Misc".
    Untick "Low memory notification".
    Tap Save button. :D
    That's all!
  10. electricpete

electricpete Well-Known Member