Low/mid range Android recommendations.

1. KaosStorm

KaosStorm Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a low-mid range Android phone to replace the uber low range Galaxy 5 I'm currently running now. Due to the state of the market around here, my options are heavily limited. So far, I've come up with 3 to 4 sensible options, but I could dig around a little more for some other alternative; what I have in sight right now is:
    LG L7
    Xperia Sola
    Xperia Neo L

You could count the Xperia U too, but the device not having an SD slot takes it off the list faster than it takes to type the name.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Wilkas

Wilkas Well-Known Member

How about the HTC Desire X or Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini.. both low to mid range

https://www.buymobilephones.net/mobile-phones/Samsung/Samsung-Galaxy-S3-Mini/30,108297

https://www.buymobilephones.net/mobile-phones/HTC/HTC-Desire-X/85,106756

Both have SD slots and both dual core, the S3 launches with JellyBean. I've held the Desire X and it feels a lot more premium than what it is.

EDIT: Just noticed the LG Optimus 4X HD is on a very cheap contract here, that's a lot of phone for the money... almost the same specs as my One X, worth seeing if it's cheap where you are too.
  3. ExtremeNerd

ExtremeNerd Well-Known Member

I would not recommend a single one of your shortlist. I make it a point to avoid Sony and LG at all costs. HTC and Samsung should be your go to. It all depends on what carrier you're with.
  4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Galaxy Ace 2
  5. KaosStorm

KaosStorm Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies guys. Believe me, if I could choose an HTC or Samsung phone I would, but the only midrange device of any of those two brands that my carriers has is the Galaxy Ace (and not the Ace 2 as chanchan05 points out).

If I made that shortlist it's because that's what I have somewhat easily avaliable around here. I'll try to get one of the ones you guys point out, but my options are stupidly limited about. xd